What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I'm tellin' ya, Braggs will take care of that for ya!:deal:
Thanks Dusty. I'm saving the recipe for sure. I've got a nearby restaurant that serves a mean dish called "Born On The Bayou" and I just love the livin' hell out of it.
It includes blackened shrimp, hot Italian sausage, chicken, Andouille sausage, garlic, parsley, roasted bell peppers, Parmesan cheese, penne rigate pasta and cream sauce.
Holy crap! Just typing that sends me into convulsive craving. I know what I must do. :D

So, started smoking a pork butt at seven this morning and pulled it off bout half hour ago and wrapped it in foil and a couple of towels. Placed it in a cooler so time for the fourth beer and listen to some music.
th

Side 2
Getting In Tune 4:49
Going Mobile 3:40
Behind Blue Eyes 3:40
Won't Get Fooled Again 8:31
Sounds like a good dinner soon. BTW: Nice work on embedding DISCOG links in the track list! :thumbsup:

What's the story on that Manfred Mann lp you posted? Where does it fall in his catalog?

Manfred Mann Chapter Three was a British experimental jazz rock band founded by South African keyboard player Manfred Mann and long-time partner Mike Hugg.
The band's approach centred on the "time, no changes" approach of Miles Davis and John Coltrane applied to slow, funky grooves with voodoo lyrics inspired by Dr. Johnalternating with blaring big-band horn riffs and improvised free-jazz solos reminiscent of Ornette Coleman and Albert Ayler. Although intelligible at a time when artists like Davis himself were crossing over into the rock/funk field and American "jazz-rock" ensembles such as Blood, Sweat and Tears, Chicago, and The Mothers of Invention espoused brass sections and atonality, the formula was limited and the band expensive to maintain, so it was short-lived and disbanded after two albums. A third album was recorded in 1971, but shelved before its release. It consisted both of love songs which Mike Hugg would rerecord for his first solo albums and more experimental music featuring brass arrangements or Manfred Mann on the Moog synthesizer. Mann went on to form Manfred Mann's Earth Band in 1971.

Is was just easier to go to Wikipedia

Thanks Dusty. I'm saving the recipe for sure. I've got a nearby restaurant that serves a mean dish called "Born On The Bayou" and I just love the livin' hell out of it.
It includes blackened shrimp, hot Italian sausage, chicken, Andouille sausage, garlic, parsley, roasted bell peppers, Parmesan cheese, penne rigate pasta and cream sauce.
Holy crap! Just typing that sends me into convulsive craving. I know what I must do. :D
DB please do not sell your soul to the devil. :)LOL
Sounds yummy though!

Manfred Mann Chapter Three was a British experimental jazz rock band founded by South African keyboard player Manfred Mann and long-time partner Mike Hugg.
The band's approach centred on the "time, no changes" approach of Miles Davis and John Coltrane applied to slow, funky grooves with voodoo lyrics inspired by Dr. Johnalternating with blaring big-band horn riffs and improvised free-jazz solos reminiscent of Ornette Coleman and Albert Ayler. Although intelligible at a time when artists like Davis himself were crossing over into the rock/funk field and American "jazz-rock" ensembles such as Blood, Sweat and Tears, Chicago, and The Mothers of Invention espoused brass sections and atonality, the formula was limited and the band expensive to maintain, so it was short-lived and disbanded after two albums. A third album was recorded in 1971, but shelved before its release. It consisted both of love songs which Mike Hugg would rerecord for his first solo albums and more experimental music featuring brass arrangements or Manfred Mann on the Moog synthesizer. Mann went on to form Manfred Mann's Earth Band in 1971.

Is was just easier to go to Wikipedia
Probably, but I wanted you to tell me about the music. How do you like it? How does it compare to the Earth Band?

Back
Top Bottom