What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

By the way, the first of the videos in my last post was recorded at Stefansdom in Vienna, Austria. It has a particular place in musical history, being the place at which Beethoven discovered the extent of his deafness. He saw the pigeons frightened out of the belfry and realized that he couldn't hear the bells that had caused their alarm.

going with last spin before hitting the hay. I have received 3 new recording recommendations that I plan on getting to this weekend. Too busy and crazy a week to focus on recordings, but will this weekend. However, C2rice provided me with a "fellow Texan" recommendation. He recommended a project of guys he personally knew in Texas that released an LP in 1977. I am going to give it a preliminary spin tonight before this weekend's recording session. Please give a hand for the Band "Hands" 1977! Progressive Rock. I am already hearing some killer Kansas style violin going on here. This is going to be good I can tell..........

NOPE. As a guy, I would need it before the gig.. otherwise I'd be pitching a tent in front of 50k people.
Ian Gillian used to "get it" while actually doing the gig/ concert. He had a reason to drape the piano with a big blanket. He said he and a girl would be having a "spot of fun" under the piano and blanket while Ritchie was into one of his long guitar solos. Now I know Ritchie, so I can believe that Ian would have had the time to have a quite a spot of fun during that solo. Darn, right there on stage under a blanket with thousands right outside. Of course they were looking at Ritchie and would have no reason to stare at a blanket. That Ian, quite the rocker.

Got that turntable done right this time (I think). Hopefully it'll last a while. I dug a little deeper this time looking for things to lube.

Nasty Savage ~ Self Titled
1985 Combat MX 8028

https://www.discogs.com/Nasty-Savage-Nasty-Savage/master/225399
027.jpg

OK. Here goes. I don't usually talk about gear, because frankly, I'm not that interested in it, but I've been sitting looking at 3 pairs of unused speakers for several months now, and think it's time to give them a workout.

Since Beethoven's 9th symphony is my #1 favourite piece of music (yes, more so than anything, or everything, by Rush, Yes and Queen put together), I've dug out a copy, and will play it 3 times using first, my Martin Logan Theos electrostats, which have been my speakers of choice since I rediscovered 2-channel. Then I'll respin it, using my Martin Logan 40s, which were the mains for my HT system. Lastly, I'll play it using my Motion 15 bookshelf speakers. The last pair of speakers are Motion 20s and will not be used, since they will fall somewhere between the 40s and 15s and are just about impossible to dig out of their L/R surround positions anyway.

IMG_1684.JPG

OK. Here goes. I don't usually talk about gear, because frankly, I'm not that interested in it, but I've been sitting looking at 3 pairs of unused speakers for several months now, and think it's time to give them a workout.

Since Beethoven's 9th symphony is my #1 favourite piece of music (yes, more so than anything, or everything, by Rush, Yes and Queen put together), I've dug out a copy, and will play it 3 times using first, my Martin Logan Theos electrostats, which have been my speakers of choice since I rediscovered 2-channel. Then I'll respin it, using my Martin Logan 40s, which were the mains for my HT system. Lastly, I'll play it using my Motion 15 bookshelf speakers. The last pair of speakers are Motion 20s and will not be used, since they will fall somewhere between the 40s and 15s and are just about impossible to dig out of their L/R surround positions anyway.

View attachment 1243903

"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence."

By the way, guys, I've always considered the Musical Journey threads to be a spin-off of this one. I was inspired by the love of prog rock on this thread to start the first one (Rush), and to continue that with the Yes and Queen threads. Just a heads-up that there will soon be a new one. Frank (@Delmarva) and I are going to co-conspire on a thread concentrating on the work of Emerson Lake & Palmer. It should start taking shape over the next few weeks.
It's gonna be so cool. Hopefully I'll have something to contribute, but when Kevin does his research, he really does his research.

Back
Top Bottom