What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Closing out tonight with my personally selected CD of early Greg Lake material.
Trying to wrap my head around the idea and scope of Kevin's proposed ELP thread.
It's a bit too much for me. Kevin will keep me focused...hopefully.
gl1.jpg

025.jpg

Closing out tonight with my personally selected CD of early Greg Lake material.
Trying to wrap my head around the idea and scope of Kevin's proposed ELP thread.
It's a bit too much for me. Kevin will keep me focused...hopefully.
gl1.jpg

025.jpg

When I was in High School the Prog Rock kids either liked Yes, or ELP. There was no love for the other. I was a Yes fan. I didn't come to appreciate ELP until I was in my 40's. I'm looking forward to your collaboration with Kevin. I'm sure that it will be great. :thumbsup:

-Dave

That must have been a real treat. What was the population in Bend, 1970? Must have been very quaint :)
Indeed,1970 was the year we moved to Bend from the Portland area and my 9th grade year of school. Population was I believe about 15,000.
I remember in about '73 when the first McDonalds came to town and it was a really big deal. lol
I moved away in 1980 but still have friends and family in the area so get over there once or twice a year, can barely find my way around now.

Thanks LeeBob,
The Pioneer CT-F555 (with blue florescent meters) was a brand new in the box never opened 36 year old deck. However, it came out of that box for the first time not being able to record. Jerry said it was a bad Osc Transformer. It had to be replaced @ $40 for the part. Not bad really. Anyway, Jerry noticed it is a metal capable deck and, since the issue was with the recording, threw me a free metal tape! He had it stashed in the box with the deck. He told me I need a metal tape to really try that deck out. That is customer service. I have never heard of these metal tapes. They are made in Italy. I can only assume it is New Old Stock like Maxell on e-bay. I don't think they still make metal tape even in Italy. If I am wrong, watch out Beau, I'll be moving to Italy if they still make fresh metal tapes LOL

View attachment 1245460 View attachment 1245461
Cool. I never tried those.

Back
Top Bottom