What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Looks like a great weekend ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Closing down the office in 30 minutes @ high Noon (oh, I'd sell my soul for water!- Dio reference) NO doctor appointments today for I nor the cats. No car appointment at the dealership, etc etc. So I can get home, start cranking on some weekend chores early. Which could only mean .................... more music time! I am looking forward to spins, doing an Audiokarma recording or two, and jammin some guitar with the Ammons Tape. I have been warming up on some improvisational blues playing along side Gary Moore's Still got the blues in warm up preparation for this weekends' jams. Better stop by the ABC Store on the way home....................................Virginia, we are a communist state in regards to the state government owning and operating all liquor stores........................:beerchug: :beatnik: :naughty:
williamburgstore_5x7.jpg

Hope you made your way to the single malt aisle!

Happy Friday, folks! Willie Nelson - Milk Cow Blues. I did not know that this album existed until recently. As soon as I read about it I had to have it! Willie Nelson playing the blues with the likes of BB King, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Johnny Lang, Susan Tedeschi, Keb Mo’.... WOW! Giving it a first listen now and can’t quit smiling. Highly recommended to any fans of Willie and/or the blues (I am a huge fan of both!)

2F9BF400-A6C0-4BCB-A38C-8DDB140C2DDD.jpeg

Happy Friday, folks! Willie Nelson - Milk Cow Blues. I did not know that this album existed until recently. As soon as I read about it I had to have it! Willie Nelson playing the blues with the likes of BB King, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Johnny Lang, Susan Tedeschi, Keb Mo’.... WOW! Giving it a first listen now and can’t quit smiling. Highly recommended to any fans of Willie and/or the blues (I am a huge fan of both!)

View attachment 1255252

Hey CLB! That is a win-win! I am surprised that guitar he plays held by bailing wire still does the deed!

So I had an odd audio situation occur, a gent on CL posted a wanted add for some gear. I sent the guy a text with a few pix of some items that I need to move along due to buying all the JBL speakers.

Guy was really cool, he had a good knowledge of gear and we talked audio for a good while.

He threw me a hook though when he mentioned other gear I own that I did not state to him I had. Kind of through me off a little, so I asked how did he know I had a particular piece of gear? Did he know me from AK? "no, I noticed it in one of the pix you sent me"... sure enough there is a tiny corner of a table that is in the pix but one would not be able to know what it is. So I asked again, do you know me from AK? Again, he said no.

He starts talking about the QLN speaker and saying they were a concrete cabinet and bla blah.. and it instantly sparked my memory to a user on AK saying the same... So I started searching the forums this morning and found the thread... it could not be him as the poster is out of state... How did he know about this tho, it was to spot on. He must have read that thread... Something just did not sit right with me. The guy just seemed to familiar, so I started checking my past PM's and sure enough I found an older conversation from BT where he wanted one of my amps! Bingo!

He made me an offer on 2 amps, and a table. Was a low offer, but I get that he sales it for a profit, no harm. I get that its part of the hobby. Good on him, it was just odd that he told me twice that he did not know me from AK and was not on AK... He had a full conversation with me a few months back on the lux amp for some infinities. At the time I told him the lux was already offered to another member for the JBL 16's. The guy who sold me the 16's ended up being a real awesome guy and said the lux was worth more and he would just take $140 cash. That's the 2nd time the guy has given me a break on good gear.

maybe the guy just did not realize I was the same person he talked to, but him knowing my set up kinda tells me different... why? I'd most likely have given you a better deal knowing we have spoken via AK.

Really nice guy, and was happy he was willing to actually talk numbers and we were on par with the numbers. He was not the "oh well there is one on eBay for $..... " he knows the game well. Just don't get why he would not tell me who he was on AK. I have his user name and am about to hit him up. who knows maybe he really did just see the tiny corner of my table and know what it was... But some of the gear he wants he has pix of and has had pix of my set up from our PM's, its really just odd. Oh well... what are you gonna do..?
All kinds of odd types on AK.

View attachment 1255252
Ciao CL :)

Back
Top Bottom