What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I, unfortunately, was unable to attend, but many friends did and said Schenker's shredding was the best they'd ever seen @ a live performance. BTW, they all enjoyed Eddie Money, too. "Two Tickets To Paradise" was a darned good number, wasn't it?

As was "Baby Hold On to Me."

I bet @Shadow Man can relate to this and discuss in much detail.:biggrin::biggrin:

Wow and "flutter"... Suspension Bridges do not like flutter....

The long and the short of it? Wind can create movement in a suspension bridge. Movement can create oscillations. Oscillations in the right frequency (the same as sound vibrations creating oscillations or sympathetic vibrations in nearby objects at their resonant frequency) can destroy an object.

Have you seen anyone play the "glass harp?" Or a singer that can sing high enough to make glass vibrate? If the vibrations reach the resonant frequency of the glass (every object has one), it will not only vibrate but it will vibrate violently and shatter.

The trolls tried that on Heimdall's bridge once...

Once...

pv6nkm0g0595.jpeg

Quincy • s/t (Columbia Records 1980)

Quincy was a New Wave/Power pop band from New Jersey. They released their first album on Columbia records in 1980 entitled "Quincy" and an EP in 1983 entitled "Don't Say No", using the band name Lulu Temple.

As was "Baby Hold On to Me."

The long and the short of it? Wind can create movement in a suspension bridge. Movement can create oscillations. Oscillations in the right frequency (the same as sound vibrations creating oscillations or sympathetic vibrations in nearby objects at their resonant frequency) can destroy an object.

Have you seen anyone play the "glass harp?" Or a singer that can sing high enough to make glass vibrate? If the vibrations reach the resonant frequency of the glass (every object has one), it will not only vibrate but it will vibrate violently and shatter.

The trolls tried that on Heimdall's bridge once...

Once...
It’s the reason you break step marching across bridges. I was never in the military but we did have to march across some bridges(?) in the Boy Scouts. (Note the question mark behind the word “bridge”.)

Back
Top Bottom