What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Same with Babe Ruth...

I don't get the paper.. LOL I found it online. I don't remember the last time I've read an actual news paper....

you are in the UK? I did not know that..

My old boss was from the UK, I use to give him a hard time due to his accent. I use to tell him he had a funny Texas accent LOL.

He would be talking to folks and I'd point and say "damn Texans" than walk away laughing. He was a good guy. :)
I get the paper purely for sentimental reasons and the football articles.
Thats a funny story.Id dearly love to see Texas one day,my wife likewise.She really should have been a cowgirl,loves horses and the whole kerboodle.:)

I remember that day vividly. We were on vacation and my siblings and I were out walking the cliffs above the ocean. We arrived back to our cottage around 4:30 in the afternoon and we saw my Mom in tears and my Dad was looking forlorn. We asked what happened? Mom said they just announced that Elvis died. We just heard it on the radio. That was my parent's generation's hero. It was such a shock to them. Will never forget that day. They immediately bought the next day's newspaper.

Yea I have a special place for Elvis, My grandma was an Elvis freak, I know I've stated that in the past. She collected all the news papers and other items of his death when it happened. My dad has a few of the Elvis Sun records 7" that she had picked up in his early days. All in mint cond., I would have loved to play one with my grandma. They are put away, but that damn snake brought it up a few weeks back saying he had a good 30 of them, damn fool. I wanted to comment but he was not worth the key stroke. I love Elvis due to my grandma. I cant not think of her when I hear him. I have every Elvis album, and have even purchased the entire iTunes collection when it was released. the man was a Stud. That simple LOL

Yea I have a special place for Elvis, My grandma was an Elvis freak, I know I've stated that in the past. She collected all the news papers and other items of his death when it happened. My dad has a few of the Elvis Sun records 7" that she had picked up in his early days. All in mint cond., I would have loved to play one with my grandma. They are put away, but that damn snake brought it up a few weeks back saying he had a good 30 of them, damn fool. I wanted to comment but he was not worth the key stroke. I love Elvis due to my grandma. I cant not think of her when I hear him. I have every Elvis album, and have even purchased the entire iTunes collection when it was released. the man was a Stud. That simple LOL
20180816_163419.png

I get the paper purely for sentimental reasons and the football articles.
Thats a funny story.Id dearly love to see Texas one day,my wife likewise.She really should have been a cowgirl,loves horses and the whole kerboodle.:)

I lived in texas in the 90's for a short time. My dad took a job working with the power company out there. It was not PG&E it was another company at the time.. IDK maybe pac-bell? Nonetheless, it was nice. Texas is cool, but if you are into the Cowboy thing that's pretty much anywere USA outside major citys. Shit look at Hanford CA where I grew up. Google a few pix... Farm land like no other.

My gal was in the UK last year, her and her sisters visited a few countries. You could not pay me to do so. I hate to travel. LOL Its just who I am I guess.

I have the box sets - 50s, 60s, & 70s Masters. My Aunt has everything by Elvis. She must have seen him in concert at least 10 times. Her favorite singer.

Back
Top Bottom