What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Wow into side 3
What's the inner meaning that you're looking for?
The actual album cover is about record company's corporate greed to my knowledge. But I could be wrong.
wishyouwerehere.jpg

Recall this was 1976 only a few years after Dark Side Of The Moon cane out. People were still in awe and this comes out..... We all see the same thing.

Attachments

• IMG_6154.JPG
    IMG_6154.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 1
Well, allow me to reminisce a little about the day. I was with my fiancée at the time (not the one I ended up getting married to). This was probably the first major faux pas I committed with respect to the fairer sex. She told me that she would have to lose weight if she was going to see Jon Bon Jovi, because she needed to look her best in his presence. I told her that he would not even see her. Whoops! Bad move.

Apparently, and I did not see this although it happened pretty close to me, my buddy's 14 year old daughter was sitting on someone's shoulders, topless, screaming at Jon "Get yer kit off". Roughly translated into civilized English, this means "Please remove your clothes".

Damn, Betcha ole Jon had a blast, Was this a Monsters Of Rock gig?

Wow into side 3

Recall this was 1976 only a few years after Dark Side Of The Moon cane out. People were still in awe and this comes out..... We all see the same thing.

I really don't understand the Gilmour/Waters controversy. To my mind, Floyd, whatever its makeup, is one of THE most influential bands ever to have existed. OK, I might be in the mood for Floyd, which pretty well means I won't be playing The Wall, but then I might be in the mood for The Wall and nothing else will do. The music is reminiscent of Yes and Rush at their best; perfection set down in musical notation.

Damn, Betcha ole Jon had a blast, Was this a Monsters Of Rock gig?

No. It was the gig that eventually ended up being released on video by Bon Jovi "Live at Wembley". Can't really remember the first 3 bands that played. Ugly Kid Joe was the 4th. Van Halen didn't bother with a video release, as far as I'm aware. They were the real reason I was there. Bon Jovi borrowed Bob Geldof, and performed his composition "I Don't Like Mondays".

There was some tiny little kid, about 10 years old, dressed up in leathers (no idea why cos it was a blistering hot day) who introduced the whole thing. Rumour has it that it was Jack Osbourne, but I've never been able to confirm it.

I really don't understand the Gilmour/Waters controversy. To my mind, Floyd, whatever its makeup, is one of THE most influential bands ever to have existed. OK, I might be in the mood for Floyd, which pretty well means I won't be playing The Wall, but then I might be in the mood for The Wall and nothing else will do. The music is reminiscent of Yes and Rush at their best; perfection set down in musical notation.
I was waiting for Floyd to come on at Steve Pauls The Scene...room was too small for them...made my ears almost bleed...sound pressure was unreal

I think we could agree we or you cannot pick a favorite band,album/works because we both know how dynamic it is.

Could not miss it, it jumped out at me lol. ive had a few in my day lol

the last one I had was stolen from my truck. I had picked up from a club, and had the grinnder on me.... I was young... any way I had just picked up some Jack H (A++). Had it in my glove box. Did some running around town and forgot about it... that tended to happen back then hahahah!!! Next morning I got up to burn and realized it was in my tuck. Walked out to get it and my truck was gone.... really...?

Try explaining to the cop that when they stole your truck you had a quarter and a pipe and grinder in the glove box... no noting of value in the truck at all...? Lol

When I got the truck back there were swisher wrappers all over in the cab. Bastards smoked my sack in my truck. Kept the pipe and grinder... the cop who recovered it was like they sure liked swishers... I was thinking yea so did I... good times. Been to long lol

A simple test of wills for control, Waters became a tyrant, Other members got pissed, And it was see ya time, And I agree, Pink Floyd was a force, And as far as production, Musicianship, Stage set up, Effects, They broke new ground, Only that group of guys could pull off DSOTM, Including Alan Parsons

Could not miss it, it jumped out at me lol. ive had a few in my day lol

the last one I had was stolen from my truck. I had picked up from a club, and had the grinnder on me.... I was young... any way I had just picked up some Jack H (A++). Had it in my glove box. Did some running around town and forgot about it... that tended to happen back then hahahah!!! Next morning I got up to burn and realized it was in my tuck. Walked out to get it and my truck was gone.... really...?

Try explaining to the cop that when they stole your truck you had a quarter and a pipe and grinder in the glove box... no noting of value in the truck at all...? Lol

When I got the truck back there were swisher wrappers all over in the cab. Bastards smoked my sack in my truck. Kept the pipe and grinder... the cop who recovered it was like they sure liked swishers... I was thinking yea so did I... good times. Been to long lol
yeah...thats real old...must be around somewhere though

Back
Top Bottom