What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Before i start cleaning this rig and setting cart up, If i had another tt i could set up in the spare room my albums are in. Hook up a old marantz receiver with the little nht 1s. The nhts are so tiny but great sounding , just roll off some lows so they arent struggling, they stay tight and clean. Love these little speakers. Seems like most of us usually have some overachieving small hifi items we are fond of.

I'm pretty much with you on your feelings towards rap/hiphop, but I do own one cd that's considered rap. It's called THE BEST OF GRANDMASTER FLASH, MELLE MEL and THE FURIOUS FIVE. They were an early incarnation of rap 1976-. Although all the songs on this comp are good, the 2 that stand out are THE MESSAGE and WHITE LINES(DON'T DON'T DO IT.)
I took a listen on spotify and it is indeed a lot more listenable than what the genre passes off as music today. Not something I would spend much effort on. Just not for me.

Connecticut LP Grab List:

Reggae-- Mutubaruka, "Outcry;" Various Artists/Gregory Isaacs, "African Museum;" Jimmy Riley, "Put the People First;" Jimmy Cliff, "Unlimited"

Jazz-- Lee Morgan, "Cornbread;" Jack McDuff, "...with the big band of Benny Golson;" Herbie Mann, "...Returns to the Village Gate;" The Art Tatum Group, "Masterpieces;" Quincy Jones, "The Great Wide World of...;" Various Artists (EmArcy), "The Jazz Greats, Vol. III"

Blues-- Jimmy Reed, "High and Lonesome;" Memphis Slim, "The Real Folk Blues;" Various Artists (Blue Thumb), "All Day Thumb Sucker"

GJ

For Those About To Rock - AC/DC
-C/-A, RL x 2, M1 x 2 EDP press.
VplYim5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom