What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Stopped off at Goodwill;). Brought home a Sony STR-K520P receiver + 4 Sony cube speakers and a sub. Hooked it all up and the cube speakers pretty much suck. Sub sounds way better than expected. Also a AC\DC Stiff Upper Lip live dvd and Ray(Jamie Fox) on dvd. Also a couple of Mahler 2 cd sets on Telarc Donated my change and out the door for a measly $20 bill :)
View attachment 1287710
After a clean out and wipe down I brought out the NHT's and hooked up with the sub. L.A. Woman came on the rock station. NICE
View attachment 1287711
Sub is now hooked up to one of my onkyo's that has selective crossover out to the sub and the NHT's:D playing "The Wolf" 104.1 Classic Rock. Nice combo:smoke:
You've been busy, with good results!

I decided to try using a set of stands I made a couple of years ago for some Mach 3s I had.
View attachment 1287757
The picture makes them look tilted back, but they are not. A big difference in the vocal presentation and just more airy overall. I like them much more than the tilt backs. And they have feet on them to make them more stable and less apt to couple with the floor.
Good stuff. It's amazing how little things add a lot. Move speakers out from walls, tilt, raise, toe in or out, etc.

Back to Journey.
Cause it is a Saturday, and the first song is 'On a Saturday Night'.
Journey
Look into the Future

Journey_Look_Future.jpg
My fave on that is the title track.

I decided to try using a set of stands I made a couple of years ago for some Mach 3s I had.
View attachment 1287757
The picture makes them look tilted back, but they are not. A big difference in the vocal presentation and just more airy overall. I like them much more than the tilt backs. And they have feet on them to make them more stable and less apt to couple with the floor.
Interesting. I find a slight tilt back opens speakers up.

Back
Top Bottom