What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I've been catching up on stuff and managed a quick thrifting stop. The find of the day is this:

Nine Beethoven Symphonies
Arturo Toscanini, NBC Symphony Orchestra
RCA Victor Red Seal LM-6901, Mono
Recorded from 1949-1952
7 records

View attachment 1287878 View attachment 1287879 View attachment 1287883

Playing side 9, Sym No 7. Very good condition. 99 cents. All records present.

One sleeve is missing, several are split. I have never needed sleeves. What's a good source?

That's good stuff. I picked that up at a GW a couple months ago.

Stopped off at Goodwill;). Brought home a Sony STR-K520P receiver + 4 Sony cube speakers and a sub. Hooked it all up and the cube speakers pretty much suck. Sub sounds way better than expected. Also a AC\DC Stiff Upper Lip live dvd and Ray(Jamie Fox) on dvd. Also a couple of Mahler 2 cd sets on Telarc Donated my change and out the door for a measly $20 bill :)
View attachment 1287710
After a clean out and wipe down I brought out the NHT's and hooked up with the sub. L.A. Woman came on the rock station. NICE
View attachment 1287711
Sub is now hooked up to one of my onkyo's that has selective crossover out to the sub and the NHT's:D playing "The Wolf" 104.1 Classic Rock. Nice combo:smoke:

I'd say a successful trip man:thumbsup: Nice Knaack box as well... have those at work.

I thought that too, but these definitely changed things. The soundstage is wider, sound is coming from everywhere. Maybe it helped with the time alignment? Hard to get a good soundstage in a 10 X 10 room to begin with...
You never know. I used to toe my speakers in because I thought that's the way they were supposed to be.
Then I read a blurb on an Infinity thread that said to run them near straight forward, did that and the whole soundstage and presence opened up.
For years I ran them toe-in simply because "that's the way we've always done it". Silly me.
Then I took a chance on a good deal of those old 4 piece JBL wood tilt racks to restore and set the speakers on top and they got even better.
Then I absconded with a few milk crates from the trash area at work and set things on top of them and it got even better.
Never know how things are going to work out until you experiment I figure..

A Nod Is As Good As A Wink... - Faces
WLP press.
jG2vGHE.jpg

Back
Top Bottom