What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

vxr92tijgqjw.jpeg

The Orb featuring David Gilmour • Metallic Spheres

Hey Chris-- Which DBX units are you using again, and why?

That's not investment or crowdfunding. That's (as tight-jawed as possible) "Look Muffy, we've hired someone to hire someone to invest in the muuuuuuuussic scene..."

View attachment 1288558

GJ
DBX 14/10 RTA's (Spectrum) /EQ's x2 (retail ~$1600ea 1986). I use one to measure what is actually at line level frequency content and one to measure the room acoustics frequency content/SPL. When both are tracking each other (Frequency), you've hit the holy grail, which I now have. I do not use the EQ's in them. Using them only as RTA's. They are not inline with any signal path. System is run flat.

That's just cool:beerchug:
Right place, right time at the LRS is all I can think of.
Somewhere around here is a King Biscuit Flower Hour live show Jefferson Starship, 1982. Back when Jane was a big hit and all.
I have to think somewhere out there, in somebody's collection, resides a whole slew of King Biscuit live shows and other compilations that were created for and issued exclusively to radio stations to play..

DBX 14/10 RTA's (Spectrum) /EQ's x2 (retail ~$1600ea 1986). I use one to measure what is actually at line level frequency content and one to measure the room acoustics frequency content/SPL. When both are tracking each other (Frequency), you've hit the holy grail, which I now have. I do not use the EQ's in them. Using them only as RTA's. They are not inline with any signal path. System is run flat.

So how do you line them up? Just moving speakers around?

GJ

So how do you line them up? Just moving speakers around?

GJ
The main adjustments are with the two subwoofers that are run stereo. Other than that just like the apartment I was in they seem to track nearly perfect which is good. Which means the speakers are reproducing what the line level components are seeing.

Using voice dictation sorry if it's gobbledygook

The main adjustments are with the two subwoofers that are run stereo. Other than that just like the apartment I was in they seem to track nearly perfect which is good. Which means the speakers are reproducing what the line level components are seeing.

Using voice dictation sorry if it's gobbledygook

No room correction at all...

image.jpg

Do you have any treatment in the room, or just well-placed functional pieces (furniture)?

GJ

Morning Dance
Spyro Gyra
Nautilus Half Speed Mastered Series
Great LP on all counts!
Nautilus Recordings NR 9
Regards,
Jim

61XRvf4EQ5L.jpg
[/QUOTE

Back when they were actually from Buffalo (as opposed to one ex-patriate and a bunch of East or West Coast studio musicians)!
Good pull.

I'm getting ready to head out for a bit; pulled some CDs. In the meantime, now listening to the latest "Big Band Bash" on that modern marvel, the iPhone.

GJ

Back
Top Bottom