What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I agree .the singer said they went for a 70's rock rock band sound on the new record. Haven't picked it up yet but I will soon. Their older stuff is a bit... Um, evil. Check out their "if you have ghost" EP. Features a good cover of the roky Ericson song of the same name.
They achieved it, although what I'm hearing is early '80's AOR melodic power metal of the German variety. Kinda like Scorpions I suppose, (says the guy with no Scorpions in his collection...take that back, wife bought a Best Of years ago on CD... I don't listen to it)

Not much more listening to music time for me. Lowes bottomless pit of lumber beckons.

Rollin' with Sleep's six and half minute doom opus, Marijuanut's Theme from their new album The Sciences.

Just looked up the lyrics. What a riot... Planet Iommia. All Black Sabbath should get that reference. Now follow the bouncing bud.

Marijuanuat's Theme

Saturn V rise - as gravity dies - through ionosphere he flies
Capsule is flown - beyond the known - admixture sustains smokesuit as home
Traverse galactic sea - inhaler of the rifftree
Initiate burn - never to return - a distant earth fades receding

Through the hashteroid fields - a transmission yields - now riff beacon signal is received
Trajectory set a new bearing - cross alien skies command module flies
Sojourns the lone stoned soul - Marijuanaut loads a new bowl
Behold as he enters the clearing - Planet Iommia nearing

Through Iommosphere chutes deploy capsule splash down on the TH sea. To raft - row the hash oil leagues to shoreline

Last edited:
Company 2008 Broadway Revival - one of my favorite Sondheim musicals and saw this production twice during it's run. With the cast doubling as the band, it was a great way to re-envision this great work. Raul Esparza as Bobby in my opinion, should have taken home the Tony that season but unfortunately was passed for David Hyde-Pierce in Curtains.

company new.jpg

I am about the same ratio of listened and skipped, but, yes, I listen. This thread is responsible for a great deal of "new to me" music and has opened quite a few doors.
One of the advantages of sharing music on Youtube is to create your own playlist and listen to it whenever you want. You can not listen to all the music proposed for different reasons (you are listening to more, you do not have the time etc. etc.) when it is published on the thread but you can do it later when you have some time.

Ciao Jupiter's son
zeus.jpg

Back
Top Bottom