What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Hopefully you're hear much more solid mid-range, bass, and overall frequency spectrum!
GJ

It's interesting you mention mids. The Advent NLAs are two-ways. Their sound is beyond anything I ever expected. Initially, I struggled with the test CD because it "appeared" after I corrected my phase error, I lost some soundstage and imaging. WTF... Very confusing. However, the preamp has two gain knobs, one for the left channel and one for the right. It's taken me some time to figure out what the heck is happening with no labeling. I compensated before by increasing the left gain to whatever DB to fix the imbalance. One click usually. I've since fixed my gain imbalance issue (I hope) by correcting the phasing. It appears balance has been restored in the tube force, with left and right gain knobs set the same as soundstage and imaging all fell into place. I'm still in testing mode but I believe this is why I had to set gain higher to the left channel. Time to play some familiar audiophile test CDs and records.

Last edited:
Initially, I struggled with the test CD because it "appeared" after I corrected my phase error, I lost some soundstage and imaging. WTF... Very confusing. However, the preamp has two gain knobs, one for the left channel and one for the right. It's taking me some time to figure out what the heck is happening with no labeling. I compensated before by increasing the left gain to whatever DB to fix the imbalance. One click usually. I've since fixed my gain imbalance issue (I hope) by correcting the phasing. It appears balance has been restored in the tube force, with left and right gain knobs set the same as soundstage and imaging all fell into place. I'm still in testing mode but I believe this is why I had to set gain higher to the left channel. Time to play some familiar audiophile test CDs and records.

Absolutely. "Phase cancellation is a bee-haj," I always say (unless I'm saying something else).

GJ

Bach - Concertos
Hilary Hahn
Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
Jeffrey Kahane Conducting
Wonderful SACD - Superb play by a local violinist!
Deutsche Grammaphon 474 639-2 (2003)
Regards,
Jim

51RJNBvHegL.jpg
She is most intense. Gotta see her live if possible.

View attachment 1325319
U2 - The Best Of 1980-1990.

View attachment 1325320
I’ve always loved this greatest his album.

View attachment 1325322

View attachment 1325318
Really well pressed, sound quality is beautiful.

View attachment 1325321

The stabilizer seems to work well. :)
View attachment 1325323

The AT-92E, low buck AT cart, went to change it and a fellow AKer schooled me on Linn and AT. AT would build Linns carts the K9 /5 is an AT.. glad I did not change it, it’s a fantastic combo to this arm. Was going to throw one of the empires on it but it sounds to good to mess with...

I have to say I recently picked up a new AT brush that I love, and the new platter weight is pretty bad ass. :) really like there line of accessories. :)
Excellent!

What's jacked up is that I wasn't paying attention yesterday at Home Depot and got 4 casters with no brakes. I was distracted with the saw operator telling me they can't cut wood down if the excess is less than 1 foot, but I talked him into it for the wheel platform. I'll switch 2 wheels out for locking ones before the next earthquake... :rflmao: In the meantime I'll be listenin' to Bitches Brew... I'm back on "Marantz time", as the MAC is benched.

View attachment 1325302
:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom