What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

R-7768633-1448382318-2269.jpeg.jpg

Never gets old...
...at least for me.

I don’t know that one...? I do know not to lick a 9V battery... no fun :p
Akakakakak... Using a 1.5V battery an 2 short pieces of wire to determine polarity. moves the VC just enough to see which side it +.
Helpful for certain drivers that aren;t marke and the low voltage is safe. I did the same trick foaming my Infinity's to hear if any VC rub, which I'm about to do again with another set of 8" Inf. woofers..

Akakakakak... Using a 1.5V battery an 2 short pieces of wire to determine polarity. moves the VC just enough to see which side it +.
Helpful for certain drivers that aren;t marke and the low voltage is safe. I did the same trick foaming my Infinity's to hear if any VC rub, which I'm about to do again with another set of 8" Inf. woofers..
I've used a 9v with the lead cap on it...BRIEFLY...

I did production on a date or two for this album and got Bill to sign my Telecaster. Of course having him play it for a while was pretty cool. I've played a few of his over the years and he's really into gear but in a way most guitar players would be disappointed about. For instance for someone considered on of the greatest textural iguitarists of all time he carries loose pedals wrapped in gym socks in what looks like a 50's style make up case. If you guys are into it I can post some pictures of his gear.

image.jpeg

I did production on a date or two for this album and got Bill to sign my Telecaster. Of course having him play it for a while was pretty cool. I've played a few of his over the years and he's really into gear but in a way most guitar players would be disappointed about. For instance for someone considered on of the greatest textural iguitarists of all time he carries loose pedals wrapped in gym socks in what looks like a 50's style make up case. If you guys are into it I can post some pictures of his gear.

View attachment 1331691
That is so freakin' awesome and cool! Love the way he plays.

@432HzBob-- That reminds me of when these dudes wanted to beat me up in elementary school, because I called kid's bluff when he said he saw his "Estes rocket land on the moon! I did!!! I saw it with a telescope." I said, "No way Hoseekiah," and then they chased me a quarter of a mile home for my transgression...

GJ

8F82F431-2306-4BD7-BA1C-AA7F9F35F3D5.jpeg

1st step, remove old gasket with alcohol, clean off old foam with a cotton ball, than soak a cotton ball in some 100% Acetone. This will brrak down the adhesive.

76CAA7A9-BA38-4CDA-967E-953CAD4490DC.jpeg

2nd Apply a coat of acetone, let dry. Use a blade to lightly scrape the old adhesive up. Don’t apply pressure. Apply 2nd coat of acetone, scrape. Repeat the process till old adhesive looks faint or thin. Soak another cotton ball in acetone and scrub the basket.

424CE753-B81D-4EEC-BFF3-0FAA16187948.jpeg

It will take it down to the metal in no time without having to scrap it with a blade for an hour... and will give you the factory finish. You want to glue to become soft, than cotton balls will wipe it right up. The blade helps thin it out. You don’t want to apply pressure. If you are forcing it, your doing it wrong. Let the acetone do the work.

Time to clean the back side of the cone :)

Back
Top Bottom