What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

fb3lqanlwwad.jpeg

The Lost Gonzo Band

Yes, HE did have a conversation, but the conversation was between him and me, not he and I. That is wrong.
Yes, but . . . I mean, it's only rock n' roll, but I'm rather fond of it, actually. I do wish people would be more careful. That said, lots of rock lyrics are grammatically incorrect, and we mostly overlook it, and put it down to authenticity. Here's a good example:

If I give my heart to you
I must be sure
From the very start
That you would love me more than her

I mean, "That you would love me more than she" is presumably what John's driving at. If it's her, the woman he's singing to is bisexual.

One that actually does drive me a bit crazy is from "Girl from Ipanema,"

But each day when she walks to the sea
She looks straight ahead not at
he.

I know that it's about Ipanema, and the beach, and it was before Jane Fonda's workout, but I'd rather have it be:

But each day when she jogs to the gym,
She looks straight ahead, not at him.

Last edited:
Talking to a buddy of mine who is working some of the HAZMAT clean up's for the CA fires...

He's telling me some crazy shit right now... some of the homes they have been cleaning up has been nothing but ash. telling me granite countertops and metal frames and cars are just ash. Yet trees less tan a few feet away are fine.. He has been working Hazmat clean up for years, so him telling me this is kind of odd.

The folks in the areas whos property has been lost are being paid out, and the land is now listed as high risk and the insurances will not allow them to rebuild in the area.. IDK about all this, I need to do some research. I don't really follow the news, or any social media, so I don't know all what has been going on. Just odd to me.

Just cleaned this 2 album set. The cover is water damaged. Playing on the Kenwood TT and sounding pretty good(condition wise) and liking what I'm hearing music wise
View attachment 1332125
album's not warped but scared to put them back in the cover. Hope I can find a new cover
Edit: was playing back through a pair of Celestions. Turned the speaker selector to A and much better now -EPI 100's are a better match to Gregg Allman :)
:bowdown:

Talking to a buddy of mine who is working some of the HAZMAT clean up's for the CA fires...

He's telling me some crazy shit right now... some of the homes they have been cleaning up has been nothing but ash. telling me granite countertops and metal frames and cars are just ash. Yet trees less tan a few feet away are fine.. He has been working Hazmat clean up for years, so him telling me this is kind of odd.

The folks in the areas whos property has been lost are being paid out, and the land is now listed as high risk and the insurances will not allow them to rebuild in the area.. IDK about all this, I need to do some research. I don't really follow the news, or any social media, so I don't know all what has been going on. Just odd to me.

Very odd indeed. Last I heard, 60 dead and 600 unaccounted for. Poor people.

Back
Top Bottom