What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I don't have TV, so I've not seen it :)

The funny thing about not having TV is at Christmas when all my nieces and nephews were asking for gifts that were cartoon characters I had no idea what they were talking about. I learned what Paw Patrol was and PJ Masks...

One of my little nephews is really into PJ Masks and kept saying "Im Gekko"… I asked his mom (my sister) what is wrong with your kid LOL

The good thing for me was we got him and his brother some good quality masks and we got him the green one. that kid was up the walls happy when he got that mask, he would not take it off. I was just a lucky guess on our part. He showed up at church on Sunday in the mask LOL

It was a lot of fun spoiling the crap out of my nieces and nephews.

this was a good Christmas, got to take my folks to church, its been well over 10-12 years since I've set foot in a church... Ran into some HS friends who are now going to the church (small town ). It was good to see them.

it was good to be in church with my mom.. its funny how when you age some things can be special like going to church.

I actually wanted to reach out to Dusty, my pastor spoke on Simeon and his part in the Christmas story, was one that I had not heard before. Some predictions on the birth of Christ that he had predicted. it was really well done. A take I had never realized. So for that I really enjoyed it. Its different when its not forced down your throat.
Trust me: I don’t think you want your nieces and nephews to watch Rick and Morty! :eek:

I've had a few bits of "bitchin" on this thread when I get boxes in... My mail man is a joke. Im not doing that rant again LOL

Many albums have arrived bent to hell.. He just does not care. He's singed for our packages and kept them for a week.. I actually reported him to the post office. I found that he had signed for a box and marked it as delivered. I was able to pull his signature off their website.. I knew the box required a signature so I was waiting for it. His office didn't believe it until I pulled it up on my phone and showed them. I said you guys have me leaving work for this crap. I said if I have to show up every day I will. (I live a few blocks a way). yea we are all on 1st name basis now... now he will walk up and leave my boxes but I see him throw others all the time.. He just knows ill call his ass out and knows I manage boxes that arrive. I order a lot of albums, and gear online. He knows now not to mess with me, but ring my door bell... never. LOL

Sounds like my guy when I lived in Fremont....
Fremont ca? That's not to far from me ;)
yep. lived there from 93 to 2003

Trust me: I don’t think you want your nieces and nephews to watch Rick and Morty! :eek:

Ohhh it must be an adult cartoon LOL

I have not had cable in my life or local channels since 2000. The last show I followed on any service was Breaking Bad, and that was after it had aired..

My gal will watch her shows on the iPad, but even that is rare. She will watch Dateline and crap like that when we go to bed as white noise.

I just have better thing to spend my time on... like music. I use my phone to post on AK from home. The only time my laptop is out is if I get called in. We live in a world of screens in our faces all day, and people telling us what and how we should think. Not my thing... if I did not have to carry my cell I wouldn't...

Remember life before cell phones?

people would actually look at you and say hi when you walked by... people now are glued to their phone.. This is why I rarely post on the weekends… I need a break from my phone LOL

Back
Top Bottom