What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Sorry no music but this one is for Lou @Dusty Ol'Man . This is surely how good karma works. Headed off to the post office to mail Lou a package. Swung by the record store. Brought home 2 Blue Note samplers for $.50 each. One of the owners tells me a customer picked up a pair of KLH 6's from Goodwill last week. So what the heck I swing by GW on the way home.
View attachment 1417086
This Sherwood RX 4105 is there. Marked $15.00 so I take it up to the counter and ask if they have some speaker wire so I can test it(no returns). The cashier who knows me says nope. I then mentioned I would take a chance on it if it was 5 bucks. So She says how about $5.99? I said sold.
Got her home and all channels work with fm. Included was a bag with a remote 4 sets of Rca cables, FM antenna,AM antenna and a unopened rca Y to mini plug also. Also a HDMI cable. Looks like the Sherwood remote might go to a DVD player. We'll see. I used to own one of these and gifted it to my brother. Good unit with phono but hates anything under 8 ohms.......not a scratch on it. Thanks Lou!!!!View attachment 1417102 View attachment 1417103 View attachment 1417104 2nd to last pic is before a good dusting.Last is fired up View attachment 1417106
You're welcome! When should I expect it to arrive? And are you including the cables?:D

Rush ~ Clockwork Angels

Rush_Clockwork_Angels_artwork.png

Tonight
Snow, mainly before 5am. Low around 21. East wind 7 to 9 mph becoming north northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Tuesday
A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 7am. Patchy blowing snow between 4pm and 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as 5. Windy, with a northwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Tuesday Night
Patchy blowing snow between 7pm and 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -10. Windy, with a west northwest wind 18 to 23 mph decreasing to 8 to 13 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 33 mph.
I remember seeing this morning weather with Al that there was snow coming. I also remember that it was going to be well north of where I live. I usually get some along with others when it blows from the west. You could sent some my way, I am cool with snow.

From articles I've read over the years it's recommended that to get the most from high-power amps they should be plugged directly into a wall socket and not a power strip.

@MAC TED, I'm glad you mentioned this. I had been planning for years to replace the cheesy surge protector that I have been using as a power switch, but procrastination triumphed until today. If nothing else, I have a more durable and appropriate power distribution system for my gear, but I'd swear I can hear a difference in clarity throughout the audible frequency range. Further down the rabbit hole I go. What a ride. :smoke:

DCF6F198-16B0-4CB0-9695-63F3932E3213.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom