What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

My bird books and internet photos show red tips or spots on the tips of secondary flight feathers. I didn't see that particular marking on these birds. But then, they were 30 ft or so away!. Thanks for the comment.

One of my most favorite things of the Fenwick Island area is the water fowl with Cranes , Herrons, Sandpipers Eagles etc. They make the world a better place.

Love Vintage Pioneer silver faced wrapped in a wooden case...................... Ah , the golden years of audio. They still sound darn good too along with the visual appeal!

The visual appeal of silver era gear is timeless and of a time all at once. And the light shows easily eclipse any modern gear outside of Mac stuff, and twinkling tubes in my somewhat biased opinion.

018.jpg

017.jpg

Good eye Kevin. KEF Q150. My first ever new audio purchase and i really like them. They Fit my listening room perfectly and a surprising amount of bass for only a 4" in driver. They can get loud but not overwhelming-85db- and still be clear. And they seem to really like the 2230. I have stopped looking for speakers which has been my weak link for years.
At this time the only thing i am half heartedly keeping an eye out for is a manual TT .

I'm thinking there are a boatload of speakers that will pair like a champ with a 2230. Think of all the 30 watt receivers from that era that probably crush the 500 watt super receivers of today when using them for music.

I'm thinking there are a boatload of speakers that will pair like a champ with a 2230. Think of all the 30 watt receivers from that era that probably crush the 500 watt super receivers of today when using them for music.
When i was researching which bookshelf speakers to purchase Elac kept coming up as a top choice and i was leaning in that direction until i read that They do best with some more wattage.
We have discussed before I am no longer interested in blasting my ear drums at all and would much rather have clarity over volume. I can't imagine what i would need 500 watts for today. 20 years ago heck yeah sure louder was better but now after mostly work related slight ear issues forget it.
Glad that i found a pair that fit my criteria even though it was risky because i bought the KEF unheard. Most online reviews were for the 350 except one an interview with a KEF employee that definitely sold me. Included in interview is correct pronunciation of KEF. Lol

Back
Top Bottom