What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Frank,
Did the Jesus Christ Superstar have the original lyric book with it? I love reading along with it when I spin this LP. I may be prejudiced in my love for this LP as Ian Gillan was Jesus. He had just joined Deep Purple when this was recorded. On his way...................................... to a great rock n roll career. His voice was really strong at this stage.
Yes, the booklet was in there. The vinyl was in it's original (heavily browned with age) paper sleeves.
Should be a nice trip down memory lane. My sister used to play it almost everyday back in the early 70's.
002.jpg

My co-worker finally tried out that Marantz that i had clened up for him. He came into my office today and said it sounded "great" lol

yea i bet, that thing was pretty dirty, the controll (pots) felt like they were stiff and had gunk in them. I did the standard Deox-IT D5 and some F5. Cleaned and lubed. He tired it out last night im assuming, said it sounded a lot better. :) I kinda figured he would as i tested it out prior to doing any cleaning... all the pots had static, all of them. You could not pick up a station if your life depended on it, cleaned that bad boy up and it was sounding pretty good. Glad he finally got around to setting it back up.. he was holding off due to him ordering some Minimus 11's on eBay. LOL gotta love co-workers who are big into audio!
Jeez, that was like two months ago when you did that job. He's only just now getting around to playing it???

Very gracious of you to ask ....I have her stabilized pretty much from her condition that was over the weekend I'm on my way back to pick up my wife and head back down and do some maintenance around the property and have my wife take care of her inside the property...... fortunately all of us having homes in the area down there makes something like this very manageable
Hey! You're one of us. That makes Mom and Wifey one of us, too. Glad things can work out for you. I moved here to help Mom at the end of her life, so I'm know the drill. Good on ya!

An interesting mini-haul from a couple of thrift shops today.
Tennessee Ernie Ford's The Star Carol because Mom used to love that one.
Handel's Messiah because it was there, and you can never have too many.
Jesus Christ Superstar because my sister used to love it.
Leon Russell's Carney and Willie Nelson's Stardust because so many here at AK love them, and they looked to be in very nice shape..

001.jpg
Nice collection! Only missing some Supertramp, because your buds at AK like em!

Hey! You're one of us. That makes Mom and Wifey one of us, too. Glad things can work out for you. I moved here to help Mom at the end of her life, so I'm know the drill. Good on ya!

I'll tell you old buddy, I need to get a 2 like button instead of just one. Thank you very much..incidentally we are awaiting lab results of a possible C Diff infection. Kelly and I are leaving very early tomorrow to go back.. Probably staying until Friday night at least. She was much improved after a few good eats and my instance of her sleeping in her bed, and not in the Lazy Boy in front of the TV.

Back
Top Bottom