What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

CD...INTERCONTINENTAL...joe pass...
Through my Marantz cdp to my modded sansui au-999 and out to my recently returned home today Wharfedale E70's
that have had their caps replaced and crossovers reworked...
Superb! Fast...clear and detailed...inky black soundstage...ahhhhh...:banana:

Jim_Croce_Live_The_Final_Tour_1989_Saja_91326-2.jpg

Jim Croce Live: The Final Tour

Jim Croce

1989 Saja 91326-2

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

Once or twice a year? That must be excruciating! And what's wrong with a guy walking up and reminiscing a little with you, and sharing? Now there can be obnoxious people at gigs, of course. But I'm not sure this sounds like that. Just sounds like someone who might have been interested and/or stirred by what you were doing.

The context of the previous posts was people talking about age, the point was someone lamenting how old they are when they really aren't very old, my follow up was not about sharing war stories, but the perspective some people attach to being "so old" when if fact they are missing out on the prime time...

The context of the previous posts was people talking about age, the point was someone lamenting how old they are when they really aren't very old, my follow up was not about sharing war stories, but the perspective some people attach to being "so old" when if fact they are missing out on the prime time...

I think that was clear to anyone who had followed the whole conversation. Maybe it's our generation, or the regular contributors to this thread in particular, but there's a strong sense that we will not grow old in the accepted fashion but will simply wear out as the years take their inevitable toll. Youth is not a time of life; it's a state of mind. We are the youngest old farts around, enjoying life as though we are teenagers, while still possessing the mental faculties to realize that our behaviour is not quite normal. The point about our parents being older and looking older at every point in their lives is well made, and I'm sure it's partly the music that keeps us young. We are still adventurous, willing to try out new stuff, not reaching a point from which we can't grow. We are unshockable. Parental advisories to us mean keep the volume down when the kids are around. Above all, we have kept our sense of humour. We don't look for offence in every statement; a worrying trait in younger generations, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom