What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Dave Brubeck and Jay and Kai recorded live at Newport on July 6, 1956. Columbia CL 932, six "eye" of course, and mono. Side one is the Brubeck quartet, and side two is by the J.J. Johnson - Kai Winding Quintet. The quintet is unusual in having two trombones, and a rhythm section with Dick Katz on piano, Bill Crow on bass, and Rudy Collins on drums.

Dave Jay and Kai.JPG

Think I will try to institute that rule. I remember those guys dangling from poles. Looked fun.
Hopefully never dangling from the poles, that would be very bad. Gaffed in and belted off is far better than dangling, LOL.
Norman_The_Lineman_tearsheet.jpg

Awesome! It's now on my to find list. Thanks!

This one should be easy to find, since it was released on cd in the 90s on Columbia Jazz Masterpieces which is still available from that large warrior woman place. Now, the vinyl is a little more difficult, especially good originals from the 50s. There was also a re-issued lp in the 80s on CBS 21060. Highly recommended in any format. Happy hunting. :)

This one is one is tied for 1st in my all time favorite albums

Savoy Brown Raw Sienna

(Albert King Truck Load Of Lovin is the other and my most played over the last 40+ years)

Flavor of the day - Marantz 2270 - Thorens TD 240-2 w/ Ortofon 2M Bronze - Icon Audio PS1 mk2 - Ohm Walsh 2XO's - Sunfire True Sub mk1

20170521_202618 (450x800).jpg

Queensryche - The Warning Studio/Live 12" Promo EP EMI 1985
https://www.discogs.com/Queensrÿche-The-Warning/release/9810242
001.jpg

002.jpg

R-9810242-1486671158-7355.jpeg.jpg
R-9810242-1486671158-8722.jpeg.jpg
Awesome Pics Frank! Totally Awesome Album and a very special one you have, indeed. I had a signed vinyl album of this one, signed by Chris, the Guitarist and gave it to my best friend who now lives in NC. It was signed in 1988 and given to me by a friend of my brothers in AZ who had a back stage pass at I think for the Mindcrime tour at the time.

This one should be easy to find, since it was released on cd in the 90s on Columbia Jazz Masterpieces which is still available from that large warrior woman place. Now, the vinyl is a little more difficult, especially good originals from the 50s. There was also a re-issued lp in the 80s on CBS 21060. Highly recommended in any format. Happy hunting. :)
Thanks! I like original pressings. :)

Oh what the hell might as well spin my other all time favorite album

Albert King Truck Load of Lovin

Flavor of the day - Marantz 2270 - Thorens TD 240-2 w/ Ortofon 2M Bronze - EAR 834P - Ohm Walsh 2XO's - Sunfire True Sub mk1
( Had to make a substitution left channel went out on the Icon Audio PS1 mk2 its not a tube and i cleaned the pots so i will need to send in for repair good thing its still under warranty and i just got an EAR 834P)

20170521_213459 (450x800).jpg

an album with a helluva line up
  • Robert Fripp – guitars, Frippertronics, voice
  • Daryl Hall – vocals on "Preface", "You Burn Me Up", "North Star", "Disengage II", "Chicago" disc two, "New York" disc two, "Exposure" bonus track, "Mary" bonus track; piano on "You Burn Me Up" and "Chicago"
  • Terre Roche – vocals on "Mary", "Exposure", "I've Had Enough of You", "Chicago" bonus track
  • Peter Hammill – vocals on "Disengage", "Chicago", "I've Had Enough of You", "Disengage" bonus track, "Chicago" bonus track
  • Peter Gabriel – vocals and piano on "Here Comes the Flood"; voice on "Preface"
  • Brian Eno – synthesizer on "North Star", "Here Comes the Flood" voice on "Preface", "Postscript"
  • Barry Andrewsorgan on "Disengage", "NY3", "I've Had Enough of You"
  • Sid McGinnis – rhythm guitar on "Exposure"; pedal steel guitar on "North Star"
  • Tony Levin – bass
  • Jerry Marotta – drums on "You Burn Me Up", "Chicago", "Exposure", "Hååden Two"
  • Narada Michael Walden – drums on "Breathless", "NY3", "I've Had Enough of You"
  • Phil Collins – drums on "Disengage", "North Star"
part of a trilogy including Daryl Hall's Sacred Songs and Peter Gabriel's second album

View attachment 934985
I'd like to hear this.

Yo Blitz, Did you have the album signed or that promo EP?
A very good friend of mine back in the day could get backstage for just about everything. He took my copy of the actual album and got it personally autographed for me very nicely in silver Sharpie. You can make out that each member starts with Frank!.
For some reason Eddie Jackson, the bass player didn't sign.
This is a promotional copy of the full album
003.jpg

004.jpg

Yo Blitz, Did you have the album signed or that promo EP?
A very good friend of mine back in the day could get backstage for just about everything. He took my copy of the actual album and got it personally autographed for me very nicely in silver Sharpie. You can make out that each member starts with Frank!.
For some reason Eddie Jackson, the bass player didn't sign.
This is a promotional copy of the full album
003.jpg

004.jpg
It was so long ago, but i think it was the standard issue album that the guy "Dave" brought with him to the concert. It was signed by the guitarist only, Chris and I believe using a silver sharpie. My brothers friend "Dave" was a guitarist and was very much following Chris from the Ryche.

Back
Top Bottom