What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The Madeira - Ancient Winds
http://themadeira.net/
6174Tww4WwL._SS500.jpg

(For the curious it's Progressive Surf Rock)

Strange night going on. Not complaining....more laughing my...um..bluegrass off. I enjoyed the Eddie Condon so much that I'm staying in that area..literally, meaning New Orleans...and putting on my very pristine copy of Sweet Emma and her Preservation Hall Jazz Band. Very pristine...I just unsealed it. Should sound pretty good SQ wise.View attachment 955147

Oh, nice.

Progressive Surf Rock should definitely be a thang. Looks very ancient Mediterranean Didn't know that was a genre. But I learn something every day. I also forget something every day, so I hope to break even.

I've seen them live several times. They are from here, then physically went their separate ways but still record and tour together. Ivan is a fricken BEAST and they always put on a great show. The newest one is solid, but their album Carpe Noctum is their high point in my opinion, though is a bit more traditional surf. If you get a chance to see them live, DO IT. They have an energy that is not present on their recordings.

For something even further out there, The Madeira's rhythm guitarist's other band is Destination Earth and he is their lead guitarist and singer. They are somewhat of a funky, punky, surf rock thing.

Progressive Surf Rock should definitely be a thang. Looks very ancient Mediterranean Didn't know that was a genre. But I learn something every day. I also forget something every day, so I hope to break even.
You hit it on the head. I don't know that it is a genre, it's just my definition of Ivan Pongracic's music. He's what you'd get if you morphed Dick Dale and Keith Emerson, you'd eventually end up with The Madeira .

Back
Top Bottom