What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Not to offend anyone(this'll be a first), but I've never understood the love of tube stereo equipment. They run awfully hot, they're not cheap to replace, and in my experience with tubes, they don't really do a great job on the bottom end. As long as I'm not offending anyone, I also don't understand the love of vinyl over cd's. However, I live in a cave, so what do you expect?
No experience with tubes Mac-T, vinyl is a visceral organic thing for me, cd's are cold and digital, files on my pc are like a conversation with HAL 2000.

Last edited:
For me what it comes down to as far as vinyl vs. digital or tubes vs. SS

Each to his own damnit. LOL

I use a SS McIntosh amp with a Rogue Audio hybrid tube pre that only uses 2-6SN7 tubes. They last a long time and are not that expensive.

There are so many reasons I like vinyl. The hunt, the cleaning, holding it in my hand and I really do prefer the sound. Still I'll listen to any format. Vinyl CD cassettes or Spotify streaming. They all have a place here in the pumpkin patch.

For me what it comes down to as far as vinyl vs. digital or tubes vs. SS

Each to his own damnit. LOL

I use a SS McIntosh amp with a Rogue Audio hybrid tube pre that only uses 2-6SN7 tubes. They last a long time and are not that expensive.

There are so many reasons I like vinyl. The hunt, the cleaning, holding it in my hand and I really do prefer the sound. Still I'll listen to any format. Vinyl CD cassettes or Spotify streaming. They all have a place here in the pumpkin patch.

Now, P-man, how the hell am I supposed to argue with that?:beerchug:

Already done.

06lct9zwtlei.gif

Back
Top Bottom