What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Triumvirat ~ Spartacus
1975 Capitol Records ST-11392
https://www.discogs.com/Triumvirat-Spartacus/master/30633

015.jpg

(Prog Masterpiece)

I just looked up Horace Silver on Wiki and he was born and raised in Conn. Composer Gil Evans was from Stockton. I wonder who you are thinking of? Anyway I'm gonna slip off and watch tonight's episode of Viet Nam on PBS. Back later
I listened to KUOP back when they played music and didn't belong to NPR. They had a man doing the weekday afternoon jazz show who was a personal friend of Silver. He (Silver) was a frequent guest so I assumed he was a local. Thanks for the corrected info.

Bartok: Concerto For Orchestra

Janacek: Sinfonietta For Orchestra,
Op. 60

The Cleveland Orchestra
George Szell~Conductor

Columbia Masterworks~1966

Amazing!

I am fortunate to have such a clean record!
I found it sealed.

I usually don't post classical here but if you haven't heard these, give them a listen sometime, especially Bartok,
Concerto For Orchestra.

Bartók* Concerto For OrchestraComposed By – Bartók*
A1 – I — Introduzione 8:50
A2 – II — Giuoco Delle Coppie 6:20
A3 – III — Elegie 7:17
A4 – IV — Intermezzo Interrotto 4:06
B1 – V — Finale 8:02

Janáček* Sinfonietta For Orchestra, Op. 60Composed By – Janáček*
B2 – I — Allegretto 2:31
B3 – II — Andante; Allegretto 6:00
B4 – III — Moderato 5:25
B5 – IV — Allegretto 2:49
B6 – V — Andante Con Moto 6:53

View attachment 1007768
View attachment 1007770
Nice find!

I listened to KUOP back when they played music and didn't belong to NPR. They had a man doing the weekday afternoon jazz show who was a personal friend of Silver. He (Silver) was a frequent guest so I assumed he was a local. Thanks for the corrected info.
I have been doing some more reading and have found Horace Silver did live in California.I copied this:Silver and his family decided to move to California around 1974, after a burglary at their New York City apartment while they were in Europe. The couple divorced in the mid-1970s. I also found that he stayed in CA to be near his son after the divorce. Another article mentions a home in Malibu. He also has a autobiography-
Let's Get To The Nitty Gritty: The Autobiography of Horace Silver published by University of California Press(Berkeley) The search continues

I have been doing some more reading and have found Horace Silver did live in California.I copied this:Silver and his family decided to move to California around 1974, after a burglary at their New York City apartment while they were in Europe. The couple divorced in the mid-1970s. I also found that he stayed in CA to be near his son after the divorce. Another article mentions a home in Malibu. He also has a autobiography-
Let's Get To The Nitty Gritty: The Autobiography of Horace Silver published by University of California Press(Berkeley) The search continues

Mr Silver is definitely in my top ten best jazz musicians list, which I haven't actually compiled yet.

Back
Top Bottom