What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

anczfrnv7yvd.jpg

3m08xl99zpe2.jpg

nj7frue0lk6v.jpg

xshqsytwggo8.jpg

A few pics of my room and one of a few of my decanters. I'm so very pleased with my small sanctuary. @MAC TED do you remember the decanters ?? They were quite popular back in the day. Amber are easier to find than the green and the blue.

(Tips hat) Carry on, sir!

anczfrnv7yvd.jpg

3m08xl99zpe2.jpg

nj7frue0lk6v.jpg

xshqsytwggo8.jpg

A few pics of my room and one of a few of my decanters. I'm so very pleased with my small sanctuary. @MAC TED do you remember the decanters ?? They were quite popular back in the day. Amber are easier to find than the green and the blue.
Sweet digs
Love the pumpkin still guarding the Mc until the turkey can take over.
We got a lamp shade just like that here.
Whats the silver rig under the end table?

Tale of 2 carts and 2 tables while listening to Sketches of China and ELO tonight.
Resurrected the Dual 721 from under a foot stool from 8 mos. ago and placed on an empty shelf built for a Pioneer
Which is SUPER sensitive - tap the shelf and its skips sprung sensitive- touchy where i live.
tollbooth.jpg
I do not care for the propietary "sled" mount system Dual used instead of the 1/2" mnt but their full auto tables are Toyota/Honda relaible it seems.
Their DD table motors are stout and everything works on this table.
A Pearl and a Shure V15 II both work here but they are rolled off on the highs some.
Soundstage is good with Sennheisers and the Shure has a meatier midrange and softer bass.
Background rumble on the 721 is @ -58db on Audacity input sensitivity.
Both are still co runner-ups to a simple belt drive Pioneer PL115 with a Grado blue to an old NAD preamp.
Well thats my rant.
They don;t call me Irish for nothing when we get going.

@FOH Engineer
As for record storage...you know what I got. I got milk crates. But they're not the downsized modern day milk crates. These come from The Container Store. They're called The Supreme Crate. I know it isn't what you're looking for but hear me out.
They're stackable and highly transportable...i.e. in an emergency I can have the whole collection out the door and in my pickup trucks bed in about five minutes! You know, say theirs a Tsunami coming or a volcano is gonna blow.
006.jpg
I can actually use a couple of them Frank..there are some things that from time to time I move in and out depending on what Im listening to lately ,and those would be perfect..

Back
Top Bottom