What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Thanks Kevin! I am real happy with it, sounds better than I remember cassettes sounding. Also, I was trolling the bay the other night and saw someone selling the matching CD player. Was tempting but not at the price he was asking. Too bad as I don’t see them for sale often.

View attachment 1068494

I never saw a Lux CD player....I thought Luxman sort of faded down about midway through the CD era..were they still viable into the 2000's? Sorry but I never really new of or saw much of it anyone's rig ,but I know they were of very high standards.

I never saw a Lux CD player....I thought Luxman sort of faded down about midway through the CD era..were they still viable into the 2000's? Sorry but I never really new of or saw much of it anyone's rig ,but I know they were of very high standards.

Some of my information is probably off but as I understand it they were bought out by Alpine in the ‘80s and subsequently lost a bunch of their best engineers and quality followed shortly thereafter. I also understand that the old owners/principals reaquired it back a ways and they are back to top shelf form these days. I have 3 pieces of Luxman gear and absolutely love it. Always looking to round that out with another acquisition if the price is right.

Some of my information is probably off but as I understand it they were bought out by Alpine in the ‘80s and subsequently lost a bunch of their best engineers and quality followed shortly thereafter. I also understand that the old owners/principals reaquired it back a ways and they are back to top shelf form these days. I have 3 pieces of Luxman gear and absolutely love it. Always looking to round that out with another acquisition if the price is right.

Nice , I always like filling in the knowledge blanks..Thanks, if I see any Luxman postings I will make you aware

Back
Top Bottom