What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

“All that matters is how it sounds to you at your house” this was a well said statement often said on audioasylum where I spent most of my time.

Well said FOH :thumbsup:

Funny thing about that is when someone who is listening exclusively to say a sound bar and a couple speakers they cannot tell when something far greater hits their ears. At least not right away. My neighbor bless his heart is so satisfied with his digital soundbar music i would not expect him to ever appreciate much beyond. That is not without a lot of exposure. Both my kids walk in the room after listening to their stuff and will stop in their tracks and comment.
Nice boys...:idea:

Last edited:
Billy Bragg & Joe Henry - Shine a Light: Field Recordings from the Great American Railroad
220px-Billy_Bragg_%26_Joe_Henry_-_Shine_A_Light_Field_Recordings_from_the_American_Railroad.png

Interesting collaboration and concept, some good music played live, each one in a different US railroad station
See this Wikipedia page for more background: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shine_a_Light_(Billy_Bragg_and_Joe_Henry_album), and this NPR link for a taste of the music: https://www.npr.org/2016/10/13/497866165/billy-bragg-joe-henry-tiny-desk-concert

Funny thing about that is when someone who is listening exclusively to say a sound bar and a couple speakers they cannot tell when something far greater hits their ears. At least not right away. My neighbor bless his heart is so satisfied with his digital soundbar music i would not expect him to ever appreciate much beyond. That is not without a lot of exposure. Both my kids walk in the room after listening to their stuff and will stop in their tracks and comment. Nice boys...:idea:

Funny you said that.. The boxy midrange and minuscule headroom before distortion combined with the never mentioned lack of channel separation without time delay phasing effects turn that whole thing into a TV room only deal for me.

turn that whole thing into a TV room only deal for me.

Exactly How'ed ya guess Duh. Damn your good. So I bring him down for a listen but there was little time and lots of distractions. He has good taste in music so there is hope. Heck he is the one who turned me onto Zeparrella..

So there's tomorrow. i think he has a bunch of records and a turntable still. I know he still has a good amp and speakers. Gotta kindle the spark next time....

Back
Top Bottom