What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

R-2017045-1258761895.jpeg.jpg

Burt Bacharach / At This Time
2005 Columbia

All new Bacharach material.

Dude The Greatest is awesome! First time I heard it I was stunned. This is the only one I have of hers on LP.
Had to pull this one because I needed something more familiar to judge the Denon DL-103 progress so far. Just added a AU-300LC SUT for it and it made a huge difference. Still not done messing with this cart. I have big plans in store for it. A different table and tonearm will be handling this cart shortly.

How’s the progress on your TT John?

Brian

Well I'm hoping to find the mounting screws this weekend, and our internet access is out so I have yet to order my weight. I can probably do that off my phone. I'll try that now actually. After that it's a matter of mounting a cart. The table itself has 2 caps, that I think I actually have on hand. So a few sprays of Deoxit, a few drops of oil and a few screw turns and I should be golden. The screws are actually holding me up. If I did not have to work a day job I'd have had this bad boy playing now. :)

Did you order the Catpower LP or find it in the wild? I'm not a big fan of ordering albums as I live inner city and packedges tend to grow legs in our area. Always have an eye out for their music tho.

Kind Regards,
John

Ok so for some it's getting late and that always calls for a little weirdness. From 1963
IMG_5689.JPG

ASDF 5985 From Sikeston Missouri This has 14 tracks they start with a coin drop in a coin box and a player piano spits out the tune.
Some one thought enough of this to put it on vinyl...
I grabbed it on a free table outside the record shop. Could I pass it up???

Anyone PM him?

As for what I'm listening too... it was Wilson Phillips but now it's our Comcast rep explaining to me why our network is having issues.... mind you I figured out what the issue was in a matter of minutes by properly troubleshooting their "modem/router" combo. It's an issue with the upstream downstream. Yet they told my gal we needed a new "box"... it was quite funny when I got a call back and I informed them it's most likely a line issue, and I was able to see the "box" (aka modem) as an active device, but no internet access being pushed to the "box".

I got a big Ohhhhh Ok we will send out a teck tomorrow... well maybe sat as we are busy tomorrow... I don't think they expected me to get technical on them. It just annoys me to know they would have had us purchase a new "box" for nothing.

While I do like Comcast, and pay for the full tv/internet ext... I only use the WiFi for my phone... I've never hooked up my TV to it, I just don't watch TV yet the few times we have a minor issue it's new parts, and bad CS.

Now I say all that for one odd reason, a co worker had a similar issue the day before yesterday and they swapped the box, charged him the 79 bucks... they even offered to have him pick it up himself. No troubleshooting, nothing. I wonder if Comcast gear has a run time or end of life where the device will fail. My issues is this box is not failing, if it's correct the error I'm seeing is US/DS. Meaning I'm not getting feed from the street. Yet they told my gal it's the modem... what gives!

Sorry had to rant, that was a waste of a good phone call. :)

Kind Regards,
John
Yes. And guys have called

From where do they hail???. (always wanted to say that)

Haha they are an American band. Catpower is what the lead singer goes by, forgot her real name. if you have Spotify or even YouTube you can find a lot of their music. i also like that they are not super well known, yet it seems as if every few months someone on this thread finds them and we have a few more fans. :)

Anyone PM him?

As for what I'm listening too... it was Wilson Phillips but now it's our Comcast rep explaining to me why our network is having issues.... mind you I figured out what the issue was in a matter of minutes by properly troubleshooting their "modem/router" combo. It's an issue with the upstream downstream. Yet they told my gal we needed a new "box"... it was quite funny when I got a call back and I informed them it's most likely a line issue, and I was able to see the "box" (aka modem) as an active device, but no internet access being pushed to the "box".

I got a big Ohhhhh Ok we will send out a teck tomorrow... well maybe sat as we are busy tomorrow... I don't think they expected me to get technical on them. It just annoys me to know they would have had us purchase a new "box" for nothing.

While I do like Comcast, and pay for the full tv/internet ext... I only use the WiFi for my phone... I've never hooked up my TV to it, I just don't watch TV yet the few times we have a minor issue it's new parts, and bad CS.

Now I say all that for one odd reason, a co worker had a similar issue the day before yesterday and they swapped the box, charged him the 79 bucks... they even offered to have him pick it up himself. No troubleshooting, nothing. I wonder if Comcast gear has a run time or end of life where the device will fail. My issues is this box is not failing, if it's correct the error I'm seeing is US/DS. Meaning I'm not getting feed from the street. Yet they told my gal it's the modem... what gives!

Sorry had to rant, that was a waste of a good phone call. :)

Kind Regards,
John
As a former telephone/internet repairman, I'm sorry to inform you that they've ceremoniously washed their hands of you and left you in the hands of the boots on the ground guy who's gonna say, "I dunno, everything looks cool to me"...but you knew that already.

As for Blitz, I'm the morbid type. I check the obituary's at times like this. He appears to be fine via that avenue of exploration as nothing has appeared.
I'd say he's pouring himself into his new job and leave it at that and let's all hope for the best.

Listening to Reverend Bizarre, as per usual.
003.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'm hoping to find the mounting screws this weekend, and our internet access is out so I have yet to order my weight. I can probably do that off my phone. I'll try that now actually. After that it's a matter of mounting a cart. The table itself has 2 caps, that I think I actually have on hand. So a few sprays of Deoxit, a few drops of oil and a few screw turns and I should be golden. The screws are actually holding me up. If I did not have to work a day job I'd have had this bad boy playing now. :)

Did you order the Catpower LP or find it in the wild? I'm not a big fan of ordering albums as I live inner city and packedges tend to grow legs in our area. Always have an eye out for their music tho.

Kind Regards,
John

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it. That Shure arm is excellent as I’m sure you know.

Found the Cat Power in the wild. I was pretty surprised. I bet Amoeba might have it. Man I would love to visit one of those. You ever been to an Amoeba?

Back
Top Bottom