What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

One thing leads to another. Sonic Youth reminds me of Electric Youth, by Debbie Gibson. The music is good. The cover pic is excellent.
View attachment 1117040 View attachment 1117041

Name is taken from MC5’s Fred Sonic Smith and Big Youth. It was always funny that the band sounded like their name. I always described their wild guitar work as a jet engine taking off and a pure sonic assault on your ears that never lets up. Unfortunately a divorce between Kim and Thurston would dissolve and end the band for good. Doubt they will ever reunite.

There's the Let It Be Naked remix that is an interesting listen - it is more like the way the Beatles wanted the album to sound before Phil Spector over-produced it.
I have heard it and want to do a session where i listen to both.
I stiil like the original .George and John both worked with Phil after it so they must have liked the original version. John defended the Phil Version saying he was handed a load of s#@# and did his best. George did comment that if all things must pass was done later in his career it wouldn't have been so produced. I guess Phil's work was exactly lije he was in real life. Brilliant sometimes but also could be way over the top and erratic.

@KevinJS checked out Sarah Brightman Canto Della Terra. Wow! She is a siren and very pretty. Thanks for the recommendation!

No problem. That is one hell of an introduction to her work. She has an amazing voice. Check out her stuff with Andrea Bocelli. She practically pole-dances using his leg on stage. Con Te Partiro is their most famous song, and has been covered ad nauseam by pretty well anyone who thinks they can sing. It's pretty well the classical-ish equivalent of Stairway To Heaven, in karaoke terms.

Back
Top Bottom