What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Thanks, X. Unfortunately true, though.

View attachment 1117706 View attachment 1117707

You're using the Samson powered monitors-- what do you think? I had the Alesis set-up for awhile at the old house and they worked quite well with the small set-up.

GJ
these came with the tt and albums, i was impressed with the sound quality and volume for such a small speaker. enough so my wife yelled at me. lol

Another masterful soundtrack from Ennio Morricone:

wolf-original-soundtrack-mw0000624378

View attachment 1117619
Kasuga Les Paul....made the mistake of buying one of these when a foolish young man in a hurry....soon regretted and it successfully held me back for a year or so.....now going for lots of cash in collectors circles.
Discarded years ago,i dont understand the mentality of guitar collectors in the UK.:beatnik:

Looking at your photo brings to mind how Gibson did such a great job of frenching the fret ends into the binding on Norlin era LP's. Despite being abnormally heavy, due to sandwiched hardwoods , the tumble away on those neck edges make them so player friendly.. it's one area of fit and finish on the current LP's that can't touch the supposedly dreaded Norlin era guitars....Any LP copies always leave that critical detail undone.

Just finished clearing the driveway and roof raking. Now I can relax and play some tunes. I picked up this CD at a thrift store a few years ago and really enjoyed it. The Wyld Olde Souls-Ensoulment. A nice mixture of psychedelic, acid folk and medieval with Eastern influences. Male and female vocals and an assortment of contemporary and ancient instruments.

Your description makes me want to buy it without listening. I like the elements of surprise and mystery.

OMG, I totally forgot that the Oppo plays SACD.:yikes: I have had it 4 years and never even bought one. (I better start shopping). This is a tough call for me as well. They both sound great. The thing that blew me away yesterday after using these two decks for so long I never realized just how long it took them to load a disc. That McIntosh I just got is supper fast. I never gave it a thought until yesterday. Is there a big difference between SACD and just regular CD's? I have never owned a SACD.
My first SACD is on the way.

Just returned from picking up a load of nice empty Iomega jewel cases for a few $.
View attachment 1117692
My batch of used Rush CDs has inspired me to clean up the whole CD collection. There are many broken jewel cases. I am loading all the Rush into 6-disc magazines (which also need cleanup, pending) so I can swap the inserts etc into new cases.
View attachment 1117695
Playing from a magazine now is Hemispheres.
View attachment 1117696
Another first hearing. I like it.

Hemispheres is a bit special. I think you may find La Villa Strangiato to be right up your street.

Great line up on that LP....any news on the ongoing health of the AR Turntable, it seems to be cruising along nicely.

May I propose the the following. I'm thinking we need a group account on Discogs to create the worlds most complete regularly used ( not hoarded) collection. I also free myself from any responsibilities as to its construction or compiling chores...Thank You, I know give up the floor and give my time to the Delegate from St.Louis.

That’s the beauty of this thread. This stuff is bought to be enjoyed, not salted away in fear of knocking a few pennies off the value by exposing vinyl to a needle. There is, IMO, no value in records that never hit a TT.

Craig Macgregor, Foghat bassist, Died of cancer, 68 yo. Underrated player, Mainly due to their guitar oriented sound, Play the records, He was very good. One of the first live shows I ever saw was Foghat. Those guys rocked the house!

All of our legacy artists continue to die very young. It's really becoming a tragedy. The lifespan of these fellows is so short.

All of our legacy artists continue to di,e very young. It's really becoming a tragedy. The lifespan of these fellows is so short.

All our lives are short. All we can do is be thankful that we occupied this planet at a time when we were able to enjoy the company of each other and the creativity of some of those who came before us.

As the Irish put it

“We knew the two days.”

Back
Top Bottom