What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The AR is working like a charm. Trying to decide if the next project is a re-wire of the tonearm or building a plinth. In a perfect world I would do both together but that likely ain’t happening. Also saw a beautiful rosewood veneer top plate on eBay that would match the Finish on the Luxman gear I plan to pair it with...

View attachment 1117716

Am thinking this top plate for the plinth with high gloss piano black sides maybe?

That would be a killer look.

OMG, I totally forgot that the Oppo plays SACD.:yikes: I have had it 4 years and never even bought one. (I better start shopping). This is a tough call for me as well. They both sound great. The thing that blew me away yesterday after using these two decks for so long I never realized just how long it took them to load a disc. That McIntosh I just got is supper fast. I never gave it a thought until yesterday. Is there a big difference between SACD and just regular CD's? I have never owned a SACD.

In a blindfold test, based on my own experience, a well-engineered red book cd and an SACD comparison would be a tough call. Based on the technology an SACD should sound better, but I could barely hear a difference.

Google Play Music has a family account and let’s you upload up to some ridiculous number of albums into your account for access anywhere. IIRC it’s something like 20k albums you can upload. One of you guys would have to adopt me but could be a hella streaming service?

Limit contributions to releases not already available tthrough the service. Coordinate uploads for no dupes and supplement the shit out of an already impressive library of music...:dunno:

In a blindfold test, based on my own experience, a well-engineered red book cd and an SACD comparison would be a tough call. Based on the technology an SACD should sound better, but I could barely hear a difference.

Some are definitely better than others. Also, Some are 5.1 only. Others hybrid stereo. You can play a multichannel if your source player can Down mix to 2ch. Otherwise, Won't sound the best it can. Imaging and sounds kind of off balance. Hybrid can also play on a common CDP.

Back
Top Bottom