What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I walke about .5 mile to get to Vertigo records in Reading Pa.. i suppose i could get a ride or something but i am a cheapskate who needs exercise. Once truck is parked at hotel it cant move for 10 hrs. Found another James Brown there. Both lps bookend the 70's. 69 and 80
View attachment 1169006

That sucks. Don't you have a "personal use" exemption in the US? We can drive a tractor unit up to 75 km a day, so long as it's recorded on the log and isn't done for commercial purposes. Still, nothing wrong with a bit of exercise, I guess.

Great speakers! I auditioned the new Silver 300 at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest last October and it was my favorite speaker that I could afford. Sounded excellent. It may be my next speaker.
haven't heard the new ones
i kinda stole these off a guy in a weak moment
you 'member what silent sam said
"dope will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no dope"
well...

Man! I know you Aussies get hammered for pricing but I didn't realize it was that bad. I thought we had it tough in the UK when CDs were 12 quid and LPs were 7.49.

I have to admit to having overindulged as people make decisions they are going to regret. My wife comments frequently about the piles of CDs and albums littering the place. I suggested a bigger house. That did not meet with approval, for some strange reason.

12 quid was about $24 AUD so it's about right. There were only a couple of plants putting them out at the time so they were all imports.

But yeah, it was either beer, food or a bit of hi tech music indulgence at the time as a starving student.

EA71E75E-F314-465F-9884-DE79BA09A724.jpeg

Man! I know you Aussies get hammered for pricing but I didn't realize it was that bad. I thought we had it tough in the UK when CDs were 12 quid and LPs were 7.49.

I have to admit to having overindulged as people make decisions they are going to regret. My wife comments frequently about the piles of CDs and albums littering the place. I suggested a bigger house. That did not meet with approval, for some strange reason.

A man cave is on your horizon!

That sucks. Don't you have a "personal use" exemption in the US? We can drive a tractor unit up to 75 km a day, so long as it's recorded on the log and isn't done for commercial purposes. Still, nothing wrong with a bit of exercise, I guess.
Yes but we cant drop trailers and has to be bobtail. Also company must authorize it. No way thats happening. They would wonder why i wasnt sleeping

Looks like that period of British television didn't make it to YT. Can't find the Crackerjack version.

http://nostalgiacentral.com/music/music-on-film-and-tv/score-scaffold/

I doubt there's a 50-something from the UK who won't remember Lily The Pink.

I'm not 50 just yet but remember lily the pink, mainly because of this great football chant from the 90's.i've been in the bishops (which is just around the corner from old trafford) singing along to this with pete many times.they still sing it now and i could hear the fans singing it at wembley today.

Back
Top Bottom