What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

View attachment 1169064
Came in the mail today. Nice set for only $9 Time for a jaunt down memory lane....

I remember him from his “clown” days. Lots of good memories attached to his music.

Orchard Road is probably my favourite.

Moonlighting is a true story. A kid that he knew eloped with his girlfriend. The intention was to get to Gretna Green in Scotland, where you can get married at 16 without parental consent. Unfortunately, the couple were picked up and taken home by the Carlisle police.

How about YYZ by Rush? Should be able to hear the weird decay on the cymbals if things are sounding right. It's right there on the studio album, but seems to get hidden quite easily.
moving pics on vinyl. sadly, this system not connected to turntable. DO have greatest and hemispheres. spirit of radio has a low and high end that sounds pretty lively.
(edit - oh - and tks much for input)

Hemispheres? In that case, I'd suggest the reprises of Cygnus X-1 Book 1. See what they sound like. They are intentionally ethereal.
oh yes. was losing myself in the instrumental, but then - as with so many others - geddy chimed in with his "hi ho! my nads are cranked up in a vise" vocals and broke the spell.
still, good workout for highs and lows. tks for suggestion.

Bob Dylan - Bringing it all Back Home

220px-Bob_Dylan_-_Bringing_It_All_Back_Home.jpg

oh yes. was losing myself in the instrumental, but then - as with so many others - geddy chimed in with his "my nads are in a vise" vocals and broke the spell.
still, good workout for highs and lows. tks for suggestion.

How about Awaken, by Yes. That has some interesting stuff going on, from the subsonics of the church organ, Steve Howe's slide guitar and some delicate trickery from the percussion. Jon's voice was (IMO) at it's peak for that album.

Back
Top Bottom