What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Sweet speakers. I am currently gathering resources for my AN Super 12 build. What is your impression of these speakers? There is a little info on DIY Audio but not much. You might find this useful.
rutcho.com/speaker_drivers/philips_9710m_01/philips_9710m_01.html

I think they sound amazing. The vocals are so realistic and most instruments come through as though they are being played in the room. The instruments in jazz trios reach out and grab you. The piano sounds as if it could be in the room being played. The only place I find them to be lacking is in the really low end. Large double basses come through just as well as the other instruments but I feel like the frequencies that are lower than the lowest frequency on say a bass are not reproduced well perhaps even missing. But the rest of the signal comes through so well that IIdon't find myself missing that very often, unless the genre ive chosen to listen to includes a lot of things in the lower frequency range in which case I switch to my A channel speakers. But then I find myself missing the mid-range clarity of the Phillips so I'm currently looking for a subwoofer to fill in the low ...low end.

I think they sound amazing. The vocals are so realistic and most instruments come through as though they are being played in the room. The instruments in jazz trios reach out and grab you. The piano sounds as if it could be in the room being played. The only place I find them to be lacking is in the really low end. Large double basses come through just as well as the other instruments but I feel like the frequencies that are lower than the lowest frequency on say a bass are not reproduced well perhaps even missing. But the rest of the signal comes through so well that IIdon't find myself missing that very often, unless the genre ive chosen to listen to includes a lot of things in the lower frequency range in which case I switch to my A channel speakers. But then I find myself missing the mid-range clarity of the Phillips so I'm currently looking for a subwoofer to fill in the low ...low end.
Parts Express has the Dayton kits. A lot of sub for a little$.

Fionn Regan’s Bunkhouse Vol. 1 on Audio Note AN-E/LX Hemp speakers.

QRVl2zq.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom