What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Now Playing : 1975 - Joan Baez - Diamonds & Rust (MFSL GOLD UDCD 646)
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

-Blitz :)

Good evening. Yes
Those are quite heavy and on the large side. Its a NAD 218 amp. The transformer is a 1200 VA Holmgren toroidal. I belive the amp is around 23 kg's in total (or 50 lbs)
The 218's are held to be a bit "tube-like" I dont know about that, but they are not "bright" anyway, more on the "dark" side,
They are very strong in the bottom octave, which I like for low volume listening. I dont have any tone controls.

I like the combination with the Klipsch RF83 very much.
The RF83 has titanium drivers and horns, very detailed highs and MAY be a bit sharp and biting, especially when pushed to higher volumes and combined with too bright sounding gear.

BUT IMHO imo the combination of the two is very pleasant sounding, still very detailed.
Good speaker for music with female and male vocals, guitar, piano, rock, blues, jazz, electronic music also.
Looks nice to me. I'd like to see some other pics of your amp if you can PM them to me. Thanks. I was looking at the TOTL Klispch like yours (forget the P/N) and my LSIM 707's. Since the 707's were a bit narrower and are quite beefy at nearly 120lbs each + I spoke with one of the head engineers that was in the 5 year development cycle for the new LSIM series. So, I went with the TOTL Polks and very happy with them. Silky smooth, Detailed, etc.... I also like the curves and compound angles on the inside. The front baffles are 1.5" thick. Both are great speakers. Sounds like we are both happy with the choices we made. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :trebon:

I played this from beginning to end
On this set up
image.jpeg
I live in a very rural area, one neighbor who is 81 and about a quarter mile away came up to the barn to see who was singing (live), he's played guitar in bands since the 50's. Another neighbor a half a mile away who has the band Lilac sent a text asking who had the live band playing up on the hill (the barn where I live). I have to say at about 250 ft out it really was like being at a live show. These Bose 800's get really loud at full power from a Bose 1800.

images

Just got it from an AK'er. Lovely stuff,

Edit; Missed the "and what speakers", my typical recapped HII's with PE sub.
For those not familiar with SLF, they are early Irish punk and this album has a badass version of The Specials ~Doesn't Make it Alright~ and ~Tin Soldiers~ (which was done by every UK Ska band after SLF).

Last edited:
Looks nice to me. I'd like to see some other pics of your amp if you can PM them to me. Thanks. I was looking at the TOTL Klispch like yours (forget the P/N) and my LSIM 707's. Since the 707's were a bit narrower and are quite beefy at nearly 120lbs each + I spoke with one of the head engineers that was in the 5 year development cycle for the new LSIM series. So, I went with the TOTL Polks and very happy with them. Silky smooth, Detailed, etc.... I also like the curves and compound angles on the inside. The front baffles are 1.5" thick. Both are great speakers. Sounds like we are both happy with the choices we made. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :trebon:
Yes I am happy with them. Later I have come across better speakers, the Dali Epicon 8, but they are 15K :eek: and out of reach at the moment
I took a look at the Polk LSIM 707, never heard them, looks to be a serious build :thumbsup:
As for my RF83 they where bought in an impulsive act when showing up on the local CL, I for once was fast acting and brought them home for less then half the price of new ones. I think they are overall better than both the Infinity Kappa 7 and Mirage OM-8 which I previously owned.
If I should point out something I dont like about them; the plastic surface material which covers the whole front baffle, I think thats kind of cheap. RF83 also discontinued in production.
I will send some pictures of the amps as soon as daylight returns :)
Best regards
KO

Back
Top Bottom