What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

In order to not be laughed off of AK, I will say under $100, but probably realistically, more like $50 or $60. Perhaps just stylus change suggestions as well. I know how important the cart is, but I'm also cash-strapped most of the time and in general not a real high-dollar "audiophile." I'm pretty happy with my set-up now, but I don't want to ruin any records and the Stanton 505 is supposedly a "DJ cart." I'm just wondering if there are any safer, cost-effective changes or mods that might make some identifiable improvements.

Interestingly Blitz. When pushed into a corner, I'm pretty much a conservative capitalist, but sometimes you just have to say "G.D. S.O.B.s!!!!" It's amazing how littered our history is with "Don't worry, it's completely safe," or "Trust me, I'm a scientist/doctor, etc." events. In context, it makes me very wary of a lot of things today that everybody says "Don't worry about it! If it wasn't safe/secure/good for you/etc., they wouldn't sell it to us!" about.

I can see your point Gnome, but I think this thread has become more than just a collection of posts about (only) what we're listening to at any given time. Even the other genre-specific threads have drifting/related-but-slightly-off-topic discussions in them. If we all look over our own posts, we will see that it's probably true about most of us.

However, there is also I'm sure a happy medium where everyone can feel like they can participate, while maybe not getting only exactly what they think would be the ideal posting content. They call them "communities" for a reason. I do know that maybe we could say "goodnight" to all and "good morning" to all without getting into individual names and posts for each regular member; there are probably other ways to trim some fat as well, but we must realize this is a social activity and people have different ideas and expectations of what that means. If the talk is mostly about music and/or gear, and we all mostly get along if not completely agree on everything, then I'm happy.

GJ

This sounded very nice during testing on a family members rig I set up. I bought one for myself.
https://www.lpgear.com/product/THEVESSELA3SE.html

vll%20rds.jpg~original
vll%20rds%202.jpg~original

Maurice Jarre / Villa Rides
1968 Dot

When I ran auto dealerships I always had the gear delivered to the dealership. Then my partner asked me to get out of the vintage gear business! That was driven by my service manager (office politics, he wanted my job) that was into vintage motor cycles. I contacted UPS, Fedex, and USPS and had the items delivered to the front desk, and told her to inform my partner of all incoming packages. And that was the end of the problem!

Regards,
Jim

Lol haha!! I'd say so! I'd love to have items delivered to work, but I don't think it would float to well with my managers. it's a rather large company so they don't deliver to your cube unless it's a larger item. I can just see my boss now... "uhhh why is there a set of D9s in your cube?" lol

On another note, my Mouser order arrived!

IMG_4165.JPG

Going to be recapping the PS to my Axis. Need to charge my iron, I'll throw it on the charger for a few hours. Need to head to Lows now (last time) for some mounting bolts for the 3009. Gonna have some fun tonight!

Back
Top Bottom