What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Great find. There's really nothing out there like this album before or since it's release.
013.jpg
I believe we have two copies of the original pressing (US). I always felt the vocalist could have been better chosen. The music itself is excellent.
15250584830952108404266.jpg

Listening to an interesting track right now on the Vanessa Mae album. At first listen it could easily be mistaken for a Deep Purple track from around the Book of Taliesyn era. First time I heard it, I thought it had to be a Purple number. "Hocus Pocus" Turns out to be by a Dutch band called Focus. I'll be hunting some of their stuff down.
Focus is Thijs van Leer.

I believe we have two copies of the original pressing (US). I always felt the vocalist could have been better chosen. The music itself is excellent.
index.php
I believe you are correct. Got mine on eBay last year. Has a little surface noise here and there but nothing bad, bad. No complaints for under $5.00.
Yes, the vocals are a bit weak perhaps, but they're only there to tell the story of the Journey. Wakeman, the band and the orchestra far overshadow the vocals.

Last edited:
I believe you are correct. Got mine on eBay last year. Has a little surface noise here and there but nothing bad, bad. No complaints for under $5.00.
Yes, the vocals is a bit weak perhaps, but they're only there to tell the story of the Journey. Wakeman, the band and the orchestra far overshadow the vocals.

You may have missed my earlier post on the subject of Journey's vocalist.

Yet another thrift item from today. I only picked a few records along with my big haul of tapes, but so far they are all excellent.

Lawrence of Arabia
Original Soundtrack Recording
Music by Maurice Jarre
Colpix CP 514 Mono
"Audition Record"

View attachment 1175804 View attachment 1175805

Surfaces are dead silent.

Saw this advertised locally for quite a price. One of Jean Michel Jarre's old man's best, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom