What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

no worries i think your in kiev already,do you reckon you'll go to the final? whats the crack with klop's assistant going to arsenal btw.
Well pundits this morning are saying Real have a glass jaw and Liv,if they play fast enough could tear em up but one thing at a time.Roma beat Barca at home so no over confidence.If we turn up,well beat em.
Think Klops buddy has been offered a huge package,hard to resist....
Could do with some of your sun SJ,its grotty here!:)

Well pundits this morning are saying Real have a glass jaw and Liv,if they play fast enough could tear em up but one thing at a time.Roma beat Barca at home so no over confidence.If we turn up,well beat em.
Think Klops buddy has been offered a huge package,hard to resist....
Could do with some of your sun SJ,its grooty here!:)
getting your weeks summer in april now hey :)
bit weird how he's just gone on the eve of this massive game though must have been a big disappointment for klop

What is the VTA? The whole thing has screws and springs all over LOL (something about tracking?)

Vertical tracking angle. The angle the tonearm is when the stylus is in the groove. Was asking because it's part of setting up. Some carts are different heights, So you can raise or lower the angle. Technics has a collar you can raise or lower. Very simple. Another way if you can't adjust, Is keep different thickness mats handy.
http://enjoythemusic.com/resources/tonearmvta.htm
IMG_0941.JPG

I use to stay away from Kenwood gear, I do see a lot of the integrated amps all over for not so much money. I guess their receivers are a little more rare.

The table really has me liking the brand. I was planning on flipping this table after I cleaned it up, but now that I've listened to it, I'm going to be keeping it for a little longer. Its a toss up between the Linn and the KD550. The Axis table is nice, but the power supply board has been hacked prior to me starting any work on it. I ordered a new PS yesterday, but its one of the original design boards with a single cap, driving the motor to run at 33rpm. I will loose the ability to play 45's, and while it will work well, the original PS has a few different functions the new one does not. I will also have to use a different switch. ( I have a feeling I can use the original, just need to take a look at how its wired).

Overall its a great table, and good solid build. I still have a few minor things to do. I want to re-paint the plywood on the bottom black, Solder in the new caps... that reminds me.. Ill order them now! I also need to solder in the new power cable. All that will require me to take the arm off again. So ill wait to do that once I have the 4 new caps in. I also will be rebuilding the original RCA's. Right now I'm just happy to have the arm set up on it, and it working at the correct speed. It has really improved the sound quality of my albums that's for sure. :)

Kenwood was kind of the pack at the start of the receiver wars, But word on their sound spread quickly. Then the KD-500 arrived and they were really in the table market. I had a few piece's over the years, Cassette, EQ. Never any issues.

Back
Top Bottom