What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Awesome pics man. The water looks so cool in those!
Thanks Nat. At first I thought, "Man, the water looks toxic". Then I realized that it was so clear that the sun was reflecting off the bottom. You could see everything that moved in that water.

I really need to get out more.
033_2.jpg

Hang in there Brother

Thanks. Yep. Hanging. Temperatures are brutal up here right now. Feeling quite sorry for the guys who are at the thin end of the horn, actually doing the vessel cleaning. They are in 3 layers of protective clothing and using supplied air via full face respiratory protection. I think I’d last about 2 minutes.

I’m just operating the vac truck.

I’m hoping to be back in the cave within a couple weeks, but these jobs have the habit of stretching out. The upside is that I can’t work more than 24 days without a break so even if it goes on a while, I’ll have to take 4 days off.

That is a fine looking unit, Frank. I am looking for this receiver although it is not vintage:

View attachment 1194123

It is the Rotel RX 1052. I am looking for Version 3 from 2007 which has pre-outs to hook to an external amp. I can use it as an additional pre-amp or as a stand alone since it is 100wpc. I like the white/silver face. Just cannot seem to find one less than $300.
Rotel has great gear. Also very well made. Have heard their RB 1050 I believe, Power amp. A brute

These shipping companies need better employees. I've had that happen. Fortunately didn't get into the record.

Don’t get me started. I’ve been trucking a long time, and there’s little left that would surprise me (I hope).

My industry has a LONG way to go. What we claim to be able to do falls disgustingly short of what we actually do, on a regular basis.

A7 Corsair...I think :)

I think you are correct. I do have to admit, growing up near a Navy base was a crap load of fun. Had lots of friends and family in the navy so I was on base often. I really miss my hometown, when I was younger I could not wait to get away.

Now I'm at a point that I understand, there is really nothing like small towns, its what the good stuff is made of. :)

Kinda sad actually, as I child I did not realize how great I had it, and what my folks did to ensure we were in an area they felt was a good place to grow some kids. Living in the city for the past 18+ years has really opened my eyes. Its been a few years since I've been home, maybe ill make the drive this long weekend.

I miss California everyday. There are no other mountains so beautiful as the Sierra. Living in the Central Valley, I was 2 hours from anything I cared to experience. I usually chose East.
My kind of work does not lend it self to that part of CA...No employers up that way. Agreed that it is beautiful in CA, but with average housing starting at $800K+....No thanks. We won't get into all the """l/\/i/\/B/\/t/\/A/\/r/\/D/\/s""".

Back
Top Bottom