What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Back in those wacky college days we played a prank on a friend of ours. We were all partaking of our poisons of choice in his dorm room and he had the misfortune of more or less passing out. He also had the misfortune of having friends that knew how to operate the timer on his fairly impressive stereo system. You can probably guess where this went but...

We left him to sleep it off for a bit while we wandered down the hall to another room and continued the festivities. After the designated period of quiet time for Erik, his stereo lit up and cranked out to the clocks sequence in Money at a volume that would have been merely painful under normal circumstances but must have been close to enough to make a drunk passed out in a pitch black room about lose his mind. We about pissed ourselves standing in the hall and hearing his reaction.
Priceless story Fuzzy. A stunt like that had to have been followed by some repercussions for waking the dead.

iQreLPmUm_pCQ-fDXed2N021i-OSAd0HfOsvtbb-wSe3KfdV4XiBUgcoFmRh6fBfYW5N5cgZ=s512-c-e100-v1

This Mortal Coil - It'll End In Tears

This next video must be a from a fan. the song is from '84, and the video sure doesn't look like it. Like a lot of he videos I play its about the music more than anything else.

Last edited:
We got in a bit of trouble for the volume of the music, not to mention 3-4 drunks laughing like maniacs in the hallway at 1am. But an idea was born: Sonic-terrorism at its best. Our weapon of choice was the explosion in Get Your Filthy Hands Off My Desert on the Final Cut. Once quiet hours were about to begin, set the timer for something like 3am, the volume to eleventy-one, with the timer set to off a minute later. Make sure everyone knew/saw that we were leaving and fire in he hole...

Now playing:

0kZW0OU7Hc078Jsi4LNWUbWSaNLqga4CcSCqt8g0DMIY637LszceTebbNDm-La3hfqPUQf8YDw=s512-c-e100-v1

View attachment 893424

Such an underrated album.

"And if I showed you my dark side, would you still hold me tonight?
And if I opened my heart to you and showed you my weak side, what would you do...?" - Final Cut
And there are the repercussions. Great story!

Back
Top Bottom