What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The context of the previous posts was people talking about age, the point was someone lamenting how old they are when they really aren't very old, my follow up was not about sharing war stories, but the perspective some people attach to being "so old" when if fact they are missing out on the prime time...

My wife's aunt always said age is just a number, and she kept saying that to age 96. She and my wife's mom were vaudeville performers in the 40's. Neither one lost their youthful attitude, and perhaps consequently neither ever looked their age. Aunt Jo loved listening to my Sinatra and jazz albums with me.
Music hath charms to soothe the ravages of time. :)

I cannot get enough of this one. Came to it late, just purchased last week. It is in heavy rotation.

View attachment 914455

Glad you came across it. I found it after reading up on Kurt Vile (who was in the band to help for a bit), then found a lot of love for it on this forum. Red eyes is the best song Springsteen never wrote.

The War on Drugs are due for a new album!

So anyhoo I'm spinning this.

69b2dbee.jpg

I think that was clear to anyone who had followed the whole conversation. Maybe it's our generation, or the regular contributors to this thread in particular, but there's a strong sense that we will not grow old in the accepted fashion but will simply wear out as the years take their inevitable toll. Youth is not a time of life; it's a state of mind. We are the youngest old farts around, enjoying life as though we are teenagers, while still possessing the mental faculties to realize that our behaviour is not quite normal. The point about our parents being older and looking older at every point in their lives is well made, and I'm sure it's partly the music that keeps us young. We are still adventurous, willing to try out new stuff, not reaching a point from which we can't grow. We are unshockable. Parental advisories to us mean keep the volume down when the kids are around. Above all, we have kept our sense of humour. We don't look for offence in every statement; a worrying trait in younger generations, IMO.
Outstanding Kevin. So well said. I myself am 19 going on 57. Next year I'll be 19 going on 58.

Sittin' in the Tundra on lunch break at Lowes. Listening to Volbeat - "Seal The Deal And Let's Boogie".

Outstanding Kevin. So well said. I myself am 19 going on 57. Next year I'll be 19 going on 58.

Sittin' in the Tundra on lunch break at Lowes. Listening to Volbeat - "Seal The Deal And Let's Boogie".

Enjoy your lunch break...hope the rest of your day goes by quickly! Was just in my local Lowes looking for some borax to make some homemade ant traps. They no got :(

I subscribe to Spotify and load at max setting for the stuff I keep for offline use in an IPad format,,,the fidelity/SQ is better than excellent at times and usually only limited by the quality of the source recordings, and always against an almost nonexisent noise floor...I'm as picky as the next guy and it's really good or I wouldn't use it..
Love Spotify and I'm using the free version. Not sure what the level of sq I'm getting but I'm quite pleased with it.

I thought concentrating on the music might cure me of my gear obsession, and to some extent it has, but I responded to an ad for an integrated amp a while back. The vendor finally responded, so I'll be picking this up later today. Nice looking bit of kit and apparently very well put together, from what I read of it.

View attachment 914503
I have a NEC cd player the 630 "Renaissance Series". A nice deck. I use it for back up duty. That's a nice integrated!

I think that was clear to anyone who had followed the whole conversation. Maybe it's our generation, or the regular contributors to this thread in particular, but there's a strong sense that we will not grow old in the accepted fashion but will simply wear out as the years take their inevitable toll. Youth is not a time of life; it's a state of mind. We are the youngest old farts around, enjoying life as though we are teenagers, while still possessing the mental faculties to realize that our behaviour is not quite normal. The point about our parents being older and looking older at every point in their lives is well made, and I'm sure it's partly the music that keeps us young. We are still adventurous, willing to try out new stuff, not reaching a point from which we can't grow. We are unshockable. Parental advisories to us mean keep the volume down when the kids are around. Above all, we have kept our sense of humour. We don't look for offence in every statement; a worrying trait in younger generations, IMO.

Agreed! And it's fun to be sharing albums again with the cool kids in a virtual sort of way. I've made some great discoveries here.

I reckon fuzzywobbles is the youngest at heart, the variety of his collection blows me away.

image.jpeg image.jpeg Back up for a bit. Another rainy day here. I got out for a touch before the rain and hit a few tag sales. I scored a passel of cd's at one of them. He was selling them two for a dollar and told me he'd do better if I bought a lot. I think it was a moving sale. He had to get rid of stuff. I bought a lot. I'm listening to one of them now. Above by Mad Season. It's an interesting grouping of mixed cd's. I personally think my best score of the pile was a bunch of time/life stuff called modern rock. I got about thirty of those and some were still sealed. I also got a smaller grouping called guitar rock, also by time/life. I'll be listening to these for a while.

Back
Top Bottom