What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Was MIA last night due to in-law plumbing emergency. Dead water heater. Wife begged to do the 40 mile drive to fix. Said didn't want to. I caved. Arrive, And garage flooded, Heater is toast, Look around, 30ft of waterline rusted, And gas line about to blow from having a kink in it.

Couldn't walk away from that, So had to fix everything so I could sleep at night. A 2 hour fix, Became a 6 hour ordeal. Sometimes I hate knowing a trade. Every family member knows, Every wife friend, Who I'm not friends with, Come calling, Always on weekends of course. Wife puts up with a lot, But damn!
Gotta take care of the in-laws, unless you want them to become ex-laws. The friends who aren't friends can let their fingers do the walking through the yellow pages.
That's one good thing about being a retired phoneman...nobody needs my skill set!

Was MIA last night due to in-law plumbing emergency. Dead water heater. Wife begged to do the 40 mile drive to fix. Said didn't want to. I caved. Arrive, And garage flooded, Heater is toast, Look around, 30ft of waterline rusted, And gas line about to blow from having a kink in it.

Couldn't walk away from that, So had to fix everything so I could sleep at night. A 2 hour fix, Became a 6 hour ordeal. Sometimes I hate knowing a trade. Every family member knows, Every wife friend, Who I'm not friends with, Come calling, Always on weekends of course. Wife puts up with a lot, But damn!
Sorry about your ordeal. I can understand your feeling about wife's friends. I'd send them packing most times, or charge them something for my time. And never, NEVER, go to their home without the wife in tow. That's trouble no man needs. In-laws are family and that's different. I spent hours at sister-in-law's place cleaning up after her stupid, crazy ex-husband got in a shootout with local LE. I feel your pain. Good on ya for helping with this one.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled tunes.

Gotta take care of the in-laws, unless you want them to become ex-laws. The friends who aren't friends can let their fingers do the walking through the yellow pages.
That's one good thing about being a retired phoneman...nobody needs my skill set!
Not true you could have warned me about messing with the phone box. I could have electrocuted myself when i was cleaning all the dead ladybugs. Also had to run a new phone line. Mine got weed wacked. Lol.
Joy of Cooking
Closer to the Ground
20170521_143053.jpg

Very nice Sam. We don't see many Tandberg's. Look forward to seeing the results of the tuneup. I see an nice old tube wooden tabletop radio. What's the scoop on that?

That’s an old Zenith from 1937. (At least I’m pretty sure it’s from 1937. Years ago I did some research to figure it out, and that’s what I came up with.) My mom got it for me as a birthday present years ago. She thought it was the sort of thing I would like because I’m so obsessed with music. (She was right.)

I don’t know how it’s possible, but somehow it still works even though all its parts are original. And it actually seems to work pretty well. That little speaker sounds really good – perhaps because it’s sort of open baffle? (The radio is open in the back.) Every few years I turn it on and mess with it for a bit. I never leave it on for more than about 30 seconds though. I’m afraid the damn thing’s gonna catch on fire or something, lol.

20170521_130516.jpg

Back
Top Bottom