What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

That’s an old Zenith from 1937. (At least I’m pretty sure it’s from 1937. Years ago I did some research to figure it out, and that’s what I came up with.) My mom got it for me as a birthday present years ago. She thought it was the sort of thing I would like because I’m so obsessed with music. (She was right.)

I don’t know how it’s possible, but somehow it still works even though all its parts are original. And it actually seems to work pretty well. That little speaker sounds really good – perhaps because it’s sort of open baffle? (The radio is open in the back.) Every few years I turn it on and mess with it for a bit. I never leave it on for more than about 30 seconds though. I’m afraid the damn thing’s gonna catch on fire or something, lol.

View attachment 934814
beautiful piece

Paris_1980_AampM_CS-6702_E.jpg

Paris

Supertramp

1980 A&M CS-6702

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

That's awesome. When I was a kid I had a 120 lb dog named Trapper (named after the Mash character). He was so kind to other animals it was almost bad for him. One time this little Terrier viciously attacked him to the point where his leg was bleeding pretty badly, and we ended up having to get him some stitches. The whole time he was being attacked, he kept looking up at me with this sad face like, "why's this little dog being mean to me?" and never bothered to bite back.

I like all animals too. I used to think I hated cats, until one day when I was living in San Diego, my neighbor's cat adopted me. He started hanging out at my place all the time, and whenever I went out to the porch to read the paper and sip some coffee, he'd jump up on my lap and purr. My neighbors were like, "hey, you stole our cat!" (mostly joking.) And all I could say was, "Sorry. I didn't tell him to keep coming over here."

LOL :) Same with me and Cats until: Back in 1999, both of my kids were little Tots, my Girl 6 and my Boy 2. I was working long hours, both in charge of an entire Engineering Team: ME,EE * SW. Plus, I was moonlighting at night Engineering stuff, making lots of extra money to support the family and so my now ex wife (20 year marriage) was able to be home 100% to raise our children without any daycare. These are my personal believes. So, one night I come home from work (this was right after the 4th of July) to find a bowl of cat food and a bowl of milk on my doorstep. Next thing I know, there is a cute little ( 6 month old Tuxedo Cat, almost kitten) comes up to me, rubs up against me and bolts into the house. Both my little kids were jumping up-and-down saying: "Daddy, Daddy, can we keep her, can we keep her?" both my kids "had Daddy's number" (my big, soft, loving heart), there was no way to say no. So I said yes, as long as mommy cleans up the cat box. They both started doing "cartwheels" and "Summer salts" jumped up on me and gave me the biggest hugs ever, both saying repeatedly: "I love you Daddy". It is memories like these that I will cherish forever. I quickly fell in love with my new kitty named "Samantha" and she acted more like a dog then a cat. If I was not feeling well, she would lay on the pillows above my head and sleep with me, or lay right on my stomach and snore with me while I was snoring asleep. This has now made me a cat lover as well.

Moral to this story and for any younger folks here is: Have an open heart and let the small things in life pass you by as not making a big deal about them " don't sweat the small things in life" bring you down. If you have young kids spend as much time as possible with them as life passes by much too fast and they grow-up at "lightning speed". In closing, All kids deserve a pet....

-Blitz

Back
Top Bottom