What are you Listening To Right Now?

Discussion in 'Music Forums' started by daza152, Jan 30, 2010.

1. NeedForSpeed

NeedForSpeed Hands Off The Stereo Subscriber

When he was on Dean Martin or Sullivan, Mom would freak for this guy. The house came to a stand still.

2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Member

Switching to CD now.

IMG_8878.JPG

3. OnTheBlitz

OnTheBlitz It's all good! Hunter & Scooter Love Pink Floyd :) Subscriber

You have almost the same one I have. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Mine is even older, but same recording, w/no Bar-code Atlantic# 16018-2, Europe# 050735. You may or may not have read my post on BAD remasters. AC/DC remasters are junk. What you have for Back in Black is the best available on CD. I bought the AC/DC remasters and all were terrible, LOUD, COMPRESSED, NO DYNAMIC RANGE, PURE RUBBISH. I now use them as coasters. Buyer BEWARE! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: for AC/DC Remastered CD's. My guess is the remastered vinyl is the same way.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

This one and yours :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    ACDC Back In Black Atlantic 16018-2 -CD0.jpg

4. GSS61

GSS61 Well-Known Member

I'm off headphones now and have my desktop speakers on so I can work on those Radio Shack towers... have to listen to something quiet since it is getting late

Domenico Scarlatti - Sonatas arranged for Guitar - Stephen Marchionda (2008) [SACD-ISO]

cover.jpg

5. BLAH BLAH

BLAH BLAH AK Subscriber Subscriber

6. GSS61

GSS61 Well-Known Member

Agreed, I have some of the remasters on hand and they are hard to listen to for very long... the early release CD's and VINYL from the 80's sound the best

7. NeedForSpeed

Frank, What's your sub?

8. Bill Witt

Bill Witt Active Member

9. NeedForSpeed

Just to hit this after a listen, We can put this in the "Good" Reissue category. Atleast through my rig, Can't speak for the CD.

10. Beau Geste

Beau Geste Super Member

It is worth listening

11. Bill Witt

Bill Witt Active Member

I have both original and new vinyl for ac/dc back in black and I didn't think the new one was half bad but that just me the new one was dynamic but they put more emphasis on the bass then the original still i thought it was a good reproduction

12. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Member

I'll have to compare my 2 copies some time. I have CD 16018 and a 2003 remaster (Epic EK 80207) by George Marino "from the original master tapes" The remaster has some distinctive packaging, cardboard with AC/DC Back In Black in raised lettering, black on black.

13. Delmarva

Delmarva Addicted Member

Sub, as in sub-woofer? Don't have one, never have had one. I've always relied on the speakers in the room to do the job.

14. musichal

musichal poet emeritus Subscriber

15. RhythmGJ

RhythmGJ Super Member

Finished: Ben Harper and The Relentless Seven, "Shimmer and Shine," and "Spanish Red Wine"

Now Playing: Steve Hackett, "Please Don't Touch"

GJ

16. C2rice

C2rice Active Member

My name is listed on that LP! I (and a few hundred close friends) were selected to listen to the tracks, prerelease, and vote on the ones to go on the LP as opposed to all on the cd. It was still cool, and I got a promo copy of the album and a nice letter from Ian Anderson. That being said, Farm on the Freeway, Steel Monkey, and Budapest are favs. The whole damn album is great!

17. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

Hank's studio recordings are great and helped make the legend, but there's nothing like hearing him live!

18. darkblue94

darkblue94 It wasn't me. Subscriber

19. C2rice

C2rice Active Member

Tom Jones was the 60's equivalent to walking panty repellent. The world came to a screeching halt when his show came on as far as my mother was concerned...

20. OnTheBlitz

OnTheBlitz It's all good! Hunter & Scooter Love Pink Floyd :) Subscriber

I'll be interested to see your results. @Bill Will you might have gotten lucky. As per me and @GSS61 the AC/DC CD remasters are junk. However, curious what Kevin reports. My AC/DC Back in Black junk remaster CD is: EPIC K 80207-S1 Bar-Code# 6 9699-80207-2 6 (see attached pic of the now said coaster). I also find it funny how well the file name of my pic ended up "EPIC Junk" :)
    ACDC Back in Black Epic Junk K 80207-S1.jpg

Now Playing the one that sounds good! Another example, once again that on some early CD's, which I have many, that they "got it right" "first time out of the gate" - demonstrating the full potential of CD Audio :)
    ACDC Back In Black Atlantic 16018-2 -CD0.jpg
    -Blitz

Last edited: May 19, 2017