What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I sometimes wish my musical interests had been allowed to thrive. I've pretty well caught up now, and I don't regret the love I have for classical music. For example, the Fauré Requiem that I played last night is one of my favourites, because I sung it when I was a kid. I still prefer it to both Mozart's and Verdi's versions. But there was no opportunity to explore contemporary music when I was growing up. I came to my rock interests through the influence that classical music had on the performers, which is why Jon Lord and Rick Wakeman figure heavily for me. They play familiar instruments like church organs.

So the disco phenomenon left me untouched. I was already struggling to find a source of Pink Floyd and the like.
Stick with the Classical/Prog influences brother. I lived through the disco era, I railed against it, I fought the good fight. Eventually Heavy Metal was my savior as Prog had died and I wasn't getting into that New Wave stuff.

Stick with the Classical/Prog influences brother. I lived through the disco era, I railed against it, I fought the good fight. Eventually Heavy Metal was my savior as Prog had died and I wasn't getting into that New Wave stuff.

Sounds like good advice. I'm always open for new sounds, but I have a vast catalogue of familiar stuff to pick from. Maybe we should have a talk about Barclay James Harvest sometime. Very underrated band, IMO.

Raven - Wiped Out
https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Raven/Wiped_Out/3040/Valfars_Ghost/362797
009_2.jpg
Kevin, this album starts off with a slightly garbled alien voice saying, "Listen Here Mission Control, Einstein Was Wrong" on the song "Faster Than The Speed Of Light" should intrigue any fan of Rush's 2112 and it's interstellar themes.

Kevin, this album starts off with a slightly garbled alien voice saying, "Listen Here Mission Control, Einstein Was Wrong" on the song "Faster Than The Speed Of Light" should intrigue any fan of Rush's 2112 and it's interstellar themes.

Sounds interesting. I've noted it as one to look out for. Bit of a plug here for Apple products. I open a Note on my Mac and type in the name of the artist and album, and the note is available on my phone when I'm in the store. I love that capability.

Back
Top Bottom