What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I remember the first time i heard it. At my grandma's house watching MTV. I was blown away. If someone were to put a gun to my head and demand to know what my favourite song is or else it would be Silent Lucidity.
I encourage everyone to at least have an answer. And i know its difficult to narrow it down but you never know could save your life. :crazy::thumbsup::rflmao:

I know everyone expects ELP from me. Or at the least, something prog. This is tough, but the one that catches my attention immediately as soon as I hear it, the one I sing to every time, the one I will go out of my way to hear...

Radar Love - Golden Earring :rockon:

A guitar intro you can't miss. A drum beat that can't be beat ( :) ). Great base line. And lyrics that are just killer.

I've seen a few articles on using a welders mask or glass to view the eclipse and they say it requires a shade 14 lens. A lot of welders glasses are shade 5 or so, and they are not good enough to avoid damaging the retina, and forget about using sunglasses as one person told me she was thinking of doing!
I told the woman that I wouldn't advise using the replacement lenses. Then I made two circles with the thumb and index fingers of both of my hands, passed one in front of the other and asked what the big deal was.

And to go with my last post...I give you

Golden Earring ‎– Moontan
MCA Records - 1974

index.php

I know everyone expects ELP from me. Or at the least, something prog. This is tough, but the one that catches my attention immediately as soon as I hear it, the one I sing to every time, the one I will go out of my way to hear...

Radar Love - Golden Earring :rockon:

A guitar intro you can't miss. A drum beat that can't be beat ( :) ). Great base line. And lyrics that are just killer.
Ray, I'm sending the ELPolice Dept. to come and confiscate all your ELP albums. Ya big phony! :rflmao:
001.jpg

1973 Atlantic SD 19124 1977 Pressing
https://www.discogs.com/Emerson-Lake-Palmer-Brain-Salad-Surgery/master/11997
(edit: You know I'm kidding. Like whatever you like)

Last edited:
This is my 2000th post so i thought who else but Albert
Albert King - Truckload of Lovin
my favorite and most played album for over 40 years and playing on my favorite receiver for over 40 years , life is good

Flavor of the day - Marantz 2245 - Thorens TD 147 w/ Shure V15 VxMR w/ SAS - Ohm Walsh 2XO's - Sunfire true Sub Mk1

20170820_194316 (450x800).jpg

This is my 2000th post so i thought who else but Albert
Albert King - Truckload of Lovin
my favorite and most played album for over 40 years and playing on my favorite receiver for over 40 years , life is good

Flavor of the day - Marantz 2245 - Thorens TD 147 w/ Shure V15 VxMR w/ SAS - Ohm Walsh 2XO's - Sunfire true Sub Mk1

View attachment 989694

Needs a lot more than a "like" can convey.

ALBERT KING!
Yeah!

Ray, I'm sending the ELPolice Dept. to come and confiscate all your ELP albums. Ya big phony! :rflmao:
001.jpg

(edit: You know I'm kidding. Like whatever you like)

Tell them to be prepared to fight. :)

Remember, it was favorite song. Band? Hands down ELP. LP? Got to be Brain Salad Surgery. Or Tarkus, Trilogy? I love them all. I have even learned to like Love Beach. And my favorite genre is prog.

But if your looking for that one song, had to tell the truth. :)

Tell them to be prepared to fight. :)

Remember, it was favorite song. Band? Hands down ELP. LP? Got to be Brain Salad Surgery. Or Tarkus, Trilogy? I love them all. I have even learned to like Love Beach. And my favorite genre is prog.

But if your looking for that one song, had to tell the truth. :)
OK, I just called the ELPolice and they're returning to the station. There will be no kicking down of doors tonight. I rolled with KE 9 as it was the first thing to flash in my mind as Gnome suggested. It's like a muscle reflex with me for the last fourty+ years. I'm very happy with that choice! Greg is singing "Man Alone Born Of Stone..." from 3rd Impression as I type.
P1160006_2.jpg

OK, I just called the ELPolice and they're returning to the station. There will be no kicking down of doors tonight. I rolled with KE 9 as it was the first thing to flash in my mind as Gnome suggested. It's like a muscle reflex with me for the last fourty+ years. I'm very happy with that choice! Greg is singing "Man Alone Born Of Stone..." from 3rd Impression as I type.
P1160006_2.jpg

That's cool. Frank, you know I love them too. Breaks my heart every time I think about the fact that I never heard them live. One of the big items I missed on my bucket list. :(

Of course, Ray. I don't think I've ever known anyone who loves ELP as much as I do other than you. And I used to belong to the official ELP forums and I still stand by that statement.
I fortunately saw them many times, 3 times on the Works tour, once as ELPowell, once as Three (Emerson, Barry and Palmer) and twice in the 1990's.
When we meet in heaven I'll do a Vulcan Mind Meld on ya and transfer my memories to your banks.
My old copy of BSS sounded so good that I'm listening to it again, this time from the 2016 remastered "Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends". Stunning mix on this. My room becomes Quadraphonic when I play it.
006.jpg

EDIT: Forgot about seeing The Carl Palmer Band in 2010 in my own backyard! Well it was actually about five miles away from my backyard. The show was at our local community college. Go see him if you get any opportunity, Ray. He tours his ass off. His show is very, very ELP albeit with a more fusion/jazz influence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom