What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I've owned this record since 1978 or 79, sound just as fantastic today as it did back then. I'm gonna play it tonight. :)
index.php

"Come inside, the show's about to start."
:thumbsup:
001.jpg

Thanks for all the ELP suggestions, guys. I tried a few albums out today at work to see what they were about but it was completely fruitless. Shitty computer speakers, turned way down to be slightly considerate to my office-mate, and no real focus. Not a fair listen at all. I skipped through each track to get a little taste of what was going on, which I abruptly found out wasn't even slightly adequate to that end. I need to hear them on my system, by myself, with some time. I got the impression that I could have gotten acquainted and attached pretty easily with a little blotter under my tongue, but those days have come and gone. I'm gonna be on the lookout for some ELP vinyl now though. I need to see what I'm missing.
Yeah it doesn't work that way...
Must be played at decent volume and with little distraction as is the case with most music worth listening to.
I kinda dig 8xlaxx's last suggestion of the 1974 live album, Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends...a rather brilliant suggestion as it succinctly encompasses all of the ELP that really matters.
013.jpg

Damn, Fuzzy...Kathleen Edwards. Her prison song "In State" is just epic. It's the only thing I know of hers. Serious alt-country from the good old days of alt-country.
Nice pick up there Frank. Also notice some more alt country goodness in the form of Dave Alvin from the Blasters. X always had a little rockabilly or alt country thing working. Doe continues in that vein on this one.

Pretty deep into my Candlemass CD again.
010_2.jpg

The album artwork is remarkable on this. It's from a series of paintings called The Voyage Of Life by Thomas Cole.
The wife and I saw the original paintings down at The National Gallery of Art in D.C. several years ago. It's an amazing series.
We were there to see a collection of Norman Rockwell's work, but ended up equally amazed by this Thomas Cole series.
http://www.explorethomascole.org/tour/items/73/series/
bought the full series of pics at the gift shop in 8"x10" form, they sit awaiting framing like for 10 years now.

Nice pick up there Frank. Also notice some more alt country goodness in the form of Dave Alvin from the Blasters. X always had a little rockabilly or alt country thing working. Doe continues in that vein on this one.
Yeah, I went back and looked again and saw the great Dave Alvin's name. I've got a couple of Blasters/Dave Alvin discs in my bootlegs folders. His song 4th of July is my favorite of his. Kathleen's name just jumped out at me from the fuzz. It was like I was meant to stare at that fuzzy pic a little harder.:rflmao:

View attachment 990675

John Doe - A Year In The Wilderness

John Doe of X fame gets some help from some quality players on this one. Another recent dollar find. Had to give it another listen.

View attachment 990676

"You say I'm good for nothing. So nothing's good enough for me."

Great find. Also, a lot of remarkable talent on instruments and voices. I believe I have cd's by almost everyone listed on that album including the three singers.

Back
Top Bottom