What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

My father had bought a portable radio with a cassette deck in it back in the early 70s. He listened to a country radio station that played all the good stuff from back then. They ran a Hank Williams special and played a whole bunch of his music back to back. Dad recorded as much if it as he could and I have the tapes. The recorder and tape quality aren't high end, but then Dad didn't know anything about hifi. But he did like his music.
Well, the original recordings were pretty lo-fi to start with, so maybe Pops wasn't doing too bad. If he liked Hank Williams then he was definitely my kind of guy. There's Hank Williams and then there's everybody else.

I seem to have misfiled Works...:confused:

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer - Works volume 2
Atlantic - 1977

index.php

Roger Waters
Is This the Life We Really Want?

The following is my opinion only. Anyone having a different view is welcome to it with no argument from me.

I have avoided Waters music since the split. The last two PF albums which were written mostly by him had moved away from the classic PF sound and toward a preoccupation with the dark side of his growing up. In my mind it was no longer a group effort, but a solo act with some great backup. Needless to say I was disappointed.
Animals was the last great PF album. A Momentary Lapse Of Reason was the first of the new PF. In between came two Waters dominated works that pretty much should have been released as one triple album.

Now I am, for the first time, listening to this album to give it an unbiased review. I may or may not share that review. I doubt it will change my mind, but I will be fair. All in all I would say that Roger Waters is still an angry man.

Misfile it over here. I'll make sure it's well taken care of.

:deal:

Did a count of Tarkus. Have the studio version three times, vinyl, cd and on The Return of the Manticore box set and 13 different live versions if you include bootlegs of ELPowell and The Keith Emerson Band.
18699432_409447419442181_2156044596794932710_o.jpg

I'm not even going to try to count all of them. 2 full LP versions, at least 3 more with part or all of the song. And a quick looked at ripped CDs - one full copy plus at least 6 other versions of the song itself. :beerchug:

Back
Top Bottom