What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Fuzzy, if the ad is accurate and these 9000 albums are in pristine condition, $50,000.00 is actually a bargain. However, w/o being able to physically inspect the albums in person, I would be a little leery. I remember a few years ago a seller was attempting to sell his collection of 100,000 albums for 1 million dollars. I believe I saw that on youtube. He was also going to throw in the album racks.

If the ad can be believed they are 25 miles from here. Also there is no way I would pay that asking price which IMO is about the retail value of them. But, I negotiate for a living and am trying to decide if it's worth the trip, a few hours of inspecting them and the risk/reward of having to start with a seriously low offer to even end up in the ballpark of it being feasible. Much less the hassle, effort and time involved in cleaning, grading and selling them...

If the ad can be believed they are 25 miles from here. Also there is no way I would pay that asking price which IMO is about the retail value of them. But, I negotiate for a living and am trying to decide if it's worth the trip, a few hours of inspecting them and the risk/reward of having to start with a seriously low offer to even end up in the ballpark of it being feasible. Much less the hassle, effort and time involved in cleaning, grading and selling them...

I'm not an expert on used vinyl, so I'm not sure what retail is on them. However, when a seller uses the word 'pristine' that implies these albums are pretty close to new and are already clean. Nothing wrong with negotiating. Btw, he may have some rare items in those boxes. Good luck.

Anyone have a copy of this Steely Dan album? Greatest Hits 1972-1978, MCA 2-6008 ,,, AK-1107/2A on the label,,, AK-1107A in the dead wax,,, label date 1980...

Side one of my copy should be , Do it Again,,, Reeling in the Years,, My Old School,, Bodhisattva... But the record is cut with some live tracks, doesn't sound like Steely Dan, certainly not songs I know, and I have about all their albums!!!
Curious if there are others like this out there,,, sides 2 and 3 were fine so far, 4 just started but seems OK also......
Thanks for any insight....

Anyone have a copy of this Steely Dan album? Greatest Hits 1972-1978, MCA 2-6008 ,,, AK-1107/2A on the label,,, AK-1107A in the dead wax,,, label date 1980...

Side one of my copy should be , Do it Again,,, Reeling in the Years,, My Old School,, Bodhisattva... But the record is cut with some live tracks, doesn't sound like Steely Dan, certainly not songs I know, and I have about all their albums!!!
Curious if there are others like this out there,,, sides 2 and 3 were fine so far, 4 just started but seems OK also......

I did some research. The original double album STEELY DAN'S GREATEST HITS was released in 1978 on ABC RECORDS. All songs were from the original 1st 6 albums. The only info I could find on your MCA copy was that it was pressed in Canada.

Mad Shadows - Mott The Hoople
-A/-A, Al brown x 2, B'Way press.
xNAvhpZ.jpg

FullSizeRender (75).jpg

yes this great album gets a lot of play from most of us i thinkIMG_1068.JPG IMG_1069.JPG IMG_1070.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom