What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

fb37l6assf89.jpg
Really a great piece of prog rock history. Has to be listened to under the right circumstances as is the case with anything in the genre. Certainly not for casual listening. This is the German release artwork. You've of course got the American release buried deep in your vinyl collection.

Ok, I'm just gonna say it, some people know, and some people wanna know.. I'm a wanna, and with all respect, I'm looking to you guys for guidance.. I don't mean undue pressure, but you guys have been at it long before me.. thanks
Hi Picklerick,

What type of guidance are you looking for? Audio Gear? There is a wide swath of input from all of us here. It really comes down to personal preference and $$$ budget. One bit of advice, just because something is expensive does not mean it is better. Same goes with "Newer is not always better". Please send me a PM and I'd be happy to give some pointers.

Cheers,
-Blitz

Really a great piece of prog rock history. Has to be listened to under the right circumstances as is the case with anything in the genre. Certainly not for casual listening. This is the German release artwork. You've of course got the American release buried deep in your vinyl collection.
Pompeii by them is good too,Old Loves Die Hard is my favorite by them.

Well, by you guys standards.. I'm just finally able to afford some decent equipment. But you guys know while I am trying to get some knowledge

You're probably focusing on the gear photo's that look high rent and vintage cool. We listen on all sorts of rigs. My stuff is pretty low rent and not at all vintage, but it sounds pretty sweet to me.
PB010016_2.jpg

I too have non vintage gear, except for the turntable, and i love it. If i find something down the road I may upgrade, but for now what I'm listening through does very well.
Frank, where's the Onkyo?

I too have non vintage gear, except for the turntable, and i love it. If i find something down the road I may upgrade, but for now what I'm listening through does very well.
Frank, where's the Onkyo?
Lou, the Onkyo TX-8211 got boxed up months ago. I bought it ($20) just because it was sitting there at the thrift shop virtually mint and unused and in need of a good home. It's my "emergency blanket" at this point. Come the dead of winter when I have nothing else going on I might swap it out with the Sherwood...but the Sherwood has that built in Bluetooth thing going on.
Love that Onkyo TX-8211 though. Seen here playing Witchfynde's Lords of Sin last winter shortly after I brought it home.
001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom